Friday, April 27, 2012

SURVEYING THE HAIL DAMAGE

Clouds were still hanging around this morning as I finished chores and took my camera on a walk to survey the hail damage. I feel we were very fortunate compared to some of the surrounding areas as our damage was minimal.
Plums on the ground and I'm sure the fruits that are still on the trees have damage .
The back lawn is a sea of purple Cottonwood blossoms.
And this Snowball bush is no longer loaded with blossoms.
This patch of Lambs Ear was totally flat last night but has purked back up with just some small tears in some leaves.
Our early garden is struggling along with only a few holes in leaves after the cold snap earlier in the week.
Some of the areas close to us got much bigger hail stones and have serious damage so I'll take our damage anyday !
I picked up g-son and came home for lunch. He started a new Lincoln Log construction project while I baked 6 caramel,4 coconut ,2 pound and 1 wine cake.
While the cakes were still in the ovens I had to admire the construction and he was proud to show it off.
His pre-school took a trip to the aquarium to see all the different fish today and he was excited to name all the different fish on the chart they gave him. He is getting so smart and all grown up !
I cleaned house this afternoon after his mom came after him. I realized this new arrangement for cleaning house won't work. This is too much to do all in one day so next week it's a different schedule.
Hubbie came home and I helped him unstop one of our gutters that ran over yesterday. I guess some birds had tried to build a nest in it.
After chores I rested a little while before I started icing cakes.
Grateful to God for the blessings I received today and for His graciousness everyday.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad your damage was minimal, Marilyn. It has gotten very warm here now (yeah) --and today I Power-washed our deck (or at least started it)..

Your grandson is really growing up. He's such a good-looking little guy--and quite smart of course.

Hugs,
Betsy