Tuesday, April 24, 2012

HAPPY BIG 30 TO D-IN-LOVE

As I turned the alarm off a gust of wind rattled the window above my bed. How long is this wind going to keep this up I wondered as I rolled over to stretch my body to get ready to meet the day.
At least the temperature didn't get below freezing last night. When hubbie got up to go to work at 5am it was 37 and at 8 am it is 43 so thank you Lord the flowers and fruit are spared.
The sun is shining so it is a little more tolerable today outside than yesterday.
I left to pick up g-son early today to stop by Aldi and Sav Mor to get baking supplies. When I arrived to get g-son he was having a fun time playing with his friends so I waited for all the other parents and grandparents to get there so the kids could all leave together.
We came home and had just finished lunch when d-in-love came to pick him up. She is the big 30 today !
Happy 30th birthday !!!

After they went home I did laundry and packaged an e-bay sale. I took it to the post office and stopped at the fresh meat market on the way home to pick up some fresh beef since my freezer is all defrosted and cleaned out.
I'm bored with my regular routine so I'm putting off house cleaning until Friday so the house will hopefully still be clean when everyone comes for Sunday lunch.
I am also considering joining Weight Watchers online to see if that will help me shed some more pounds. After losing about 5 lbs on the method recommended by the doc I have stalled as I always do.
I am determined to lose this extra weight.
After chores and a light supper I listed another item on e-bay. This vintage collectors plate from the land of the Ozarks was in one of the boxes.
I don't know how old it is but it was made in the USA. Maybe this will jog some past trip memories for someone!
I also got out a very old doll but I couldn't find anyone like it anywhere on the internet tonight so I'm taking it with me Thursday and see if I can find someone who can tell me something about it.
Maybe its my ticket to retirement,hahahahaha !!!!
 The temperature reached 60 degrees today but with the wind still whipping around it was not a good day to be outside for any length of time. I worked on repairing a couple of my wind damaged bird feeders this evening.
Tonight is only a mid 40's night so this cold spell is coming to an end and hopefully it is the last one of the season.
Grateful to God tonight for the blessings of the day and look forward to the blessings of tomorrow.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: