Sunday, November 18, 2012

BUSY PRE THANKSGIVING SUNDAY

Another cooler than predicted morning with a temperature of 26 degrees.
As I got my Thanksgiving vest that I always wear on the Sunday before Thanksgiving on I tried to take a photo hurriedly before I left for church.
The communion tale at church is also adorned in its fall wardrobe.
We had a speaker today from the Baptist Children's Home for our sermon. He was interesting and entertaining.
We had a crock pot full of beef stew and a cake of cornbread for lunch. Everyone made it but d-in-love who stayed home to cook for her families holiday dinner tonight in Lincolnton,NC.
After lunch we loaded up the truck with some more of #2 son's things from downstairs and also we loaded daughter's jeep with a desk she had left here when she moved out over a year ago.
We followed #2 son to his house and unloaded,he has things looking really good at his new house. Then we went over to daughter's and helped her unload her jeep. She has all her Christmas decorations up and her house looks so festive.
As we headed home the sun was setting.
We made it home with enough daylight left to get chores done without flashlights. After we had supper I iced the 18 caramel cakes I made last night and then baked 18 more. It is 11:00 and the last ones just came out of the ovens.
I don't like to work on Sundays but this is one that always finds me in the kitchen getting ready for a Tuesday market day which I don't usually do.
Thankful for a loving understanding,forgiving Lord tonight. And praying for #2 son as he deals with some issues at his work place.
Good Night and God Bless.



2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love your Thanksgiving vest, Marilyn... Gorgeous!!!!

Sounds like you all had a great day. Beautiful sunset.

Have a great week. Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

I love your Thanksgiving vest, the altar at church and the picture of the sunset. God's blessings to you.