Thursday, November 29, 2012


I really struggled this morning with feeling bad and yucky from this crud I have had for the past couple days. As I got g-son ready for school,did chores and got ready for market I was reminded of many years past when I woke up feeling like a Mac truck had ran me down somehow during my overnight's sleep.
Back then as today I pushed through the morning duties,only difference was back then cows had to be milked, goats had to be milked,baby calves had to be bottle fed,chickens and rabbits had to be fed and cared for,stalls had to be mucked out,etc, along with getting 3 kids up and ready for school.   Unlike today by the time I had finished chores I had usually sweated out my cold or flu or what ever I had. This morning I didn't work up a sweat with anything I did,maybe that's what I needed to get rid of this junk !!
Market was really slow today as I expected,the heater below me blowing the warm air on my face caused multiple sneezing fits for me today.

Since this crud started in my throat and has now moved to my nose and eyes,I have hope that it is moving on up and tomorrow it will be out the top of my head !!!
Market was so slow everyone left including me by about 1:00. I needed the early out to make an Avon delivery at one of the local high schools insuring that I could get in and out before the end of school traffic started to pile up.
As I shopped for daughter's and my supplies and a few on sale groceries my nose started really running and the sneezing fits got closer together. By the time I finally reached home at almost 4:30 I was physically drained.
Hubbie thankfully came in from work and helped me unload and as soon as chores were finished I hit the couch with my 4-legged kids and that's where I spent the evening.
After a good dose of Alka-seltzer plus cold medicine I'm hoping for a quiet night's sleep.
There was a beautiful blood red moon tonight as it began to rise and even sickly I had to go outside and get a quick pic.
Daughter came by after her ball practice tonight and picked up her supplies,she said she was taking tonight off from any baking or business of any kind.
As I cough my way to the kitchen I am finishing my day with a prayer of thankfulness for the blessings of the day,even in my sickness I see plenty of reason to be grateful to my Heavenly Father.
Good Night and God Bless.


Betsy Adams said...

Bless your heart... Amazing how you have the stamina to 'push' through illness. I'd be in bed I'm sure!!!!! ha

BUT--maybe you do need to take a day off --and truly stay in and REST... (Mama says!!!!)

Yes---we still have lots to be thankful for.

God Bless.

linda m said...

The best advice I can give is to stay in bed, drink plenty of fluids and chicken soup. My Mom's recipe for a cold. The picture of the moon is awesome. Praying that you feel better soon.