Thursday, November 15, 2012

MARKET DAY THURSDAY

Overnight rain gave us another 1/4" in the gauge this morning. Thankfully we keep getting some rain unlike most of the country which is still in a drought.

I had to deliver a caramel cake to one of the teachers at g-son's school this morning so I walked in with him,they were taking yearbook orders so I ordered him a yearbook while I was there.
Back home I did chores and got ready for market. I have 7 more cakes ordered today so that will make for a pretty good day.
The day was fairly busy and I made 13 towel angels between customers for a doubly successful day.
I had extra errands to run after market,one of them was to pick up all my past mammogram images from the place I have been having them so when I go to the new place in December I will have them for comparison. I was kind of surprised they gave them to me until I picked them up and they were in a large, heavy package that would have been expensive to mail.
I didn't get home until after 5:00.
D-in-love came in with a box of Thanksgiving dinner fixins she was given at her work place as a holiday gift. She is taking the turkey to her dad to smoke for us to have. The box contained vegetables,dressing mix and canned pumpkin ,enough for a complete meal.
The chickens were very glad to get a late snack of scratch feed this evening before roosting time and the dogs thought they had been forgotten. After I got everybody fed and put up for the night hubbie and I had supper.
I iced 6 more caramel cakes tonight. I took more orders today for Tuesday and even took 2 orders already for Christmas.
The weather looks like it will be great for next week's Thanksgiving activities.
Got a call from daughter about 9:30 on her way home from her high school teams first scrimmage games tonight. She is the varsity assistant and had to coach the JV team tonight also. The JV team won 3 of the 4 games they played. She said one of her old high school adversaries who played for Owen, was the JV coach at Owen.
God is so good all the time and I humbly thank Him each day for His graciousness and love.
Good Night and God Bless.


1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We are not in a drought here now, but we haven't had near as much rain as you all have had... Today was warmer --but it gets quite cool at nights now.

Nice gift for your daughter-in-law... You all will enjoy an almost FREE Thanksgiving Dinner... That is awesome.

Caramel Cakes are pretty popular this time of year, aren't they???? Wouldn't you like to have a dollar for every Caramel Cake you have made???? You'd be a millionaire!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy