Sunday, November 4, 2012

IKEA HERE WE COME !!!

Well !!!  Sunday mornings are usually my "aaaahhh" mornings,as I get to sleep a little later than any other day and then leisurely get ready for church.  But not today,thanks to daylight savings time I was wide awake at 7am and staring out the window at the sunshine.  Uhhhh !!!  My cell phone which did not set back to daylight savings time sounded the wake up alarm at  8am as usual but it was really 7am. Guess the folks at Verizon dropped the ball on setting cell phones back as hubbie's isn't back either.
We needed to get up and going today anyway because we are making a trip to Charlotte,NC to Ikea with #2 son to get a bedroom set and look for some other things for his new house.
They don't open on Sunday's until 11:00 so there was no hurry to get left.
We did chores and ate breakfast before son got here.
He drove hubbie's truck down there, we debated all day yesterday whether to put the camper cover on or not with the prediction of rain for today. We made the decision not to put it on after the front with the rain passed through last night with no rain for us.
It takes about 1 3/4 hours to get from here to there if nothing stops you on the way and we had smooth sailing this morning getting there a few minutes before they opened.

 Along with several other thousand folks who soon crowded in to the massive store.
We found son's bed room set and then went to eat lunch in the cafeteria in the store. This was a photo out the window beside our table.
If you live near one of these stores you need to experience an Ikea shopping trip !
I like the hustle and bustle of all the shoppers and looking for the deals but #2 son and hubbie ,not so much !!!   After lunch we split up and as I looked for things to fill the list daughter had e-mailed me this morning , hubbie followed along and #2 son set out on his own to look for rugs, pillows ,sheets and other things he needed. He is so tall I could see him above the crowd so he wasn't hard to find when we needed to catch up with him. I could tell by the look on his face he was not enjoying "the Ikea shopping experience" but he made it through and at last we had the truck loaded.
All his boxed bedroom set and rugs in the back.
And pretty much everything else beside me in the back seat.
I bought those white seat cushions for my kitchen chairs for 3.99 each and they velcro on instead of tie which I love.
We made it back up the mountain safely and without any traffic interuptions. We went straight to his house,unloaded, and then made it to Lowes to take advantage of the "no tax" on energy star appliances, and also a 10% discount on any appliance over $399 deals today. He bought a washer and dryer with these discounts and picked up a mailbox and post.
He has the next week off to get all settled in. Tomorrow they are supposed to deliver his washer and dryer and get his Direct TV hooked up.
He has the downstairs all cleaned and is working on the upstairs tonight so he can begin putting his new bedroom set together.
All the animals were very glad to see hubbie and I tonight when we got home at 6:00, which was to them still 7:00 and they had not been fed. I don't know what exact time it got dark because we were in Lowes but it was well before 6:00,yuck !!!
It is 9:00 now and I feel like I need to be in bed. I hate these time changes because both ways it changes messes up my routine for at least a week.
Very Grateful tonight for a safe traveling day for us and for all the blessings along the way.
Good Night and God Bless.




                                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, The time change ALWAYS messes me up for several days also.... It was dark here this afternoon (central time) at 4:30... Gads!!!

I've never been in an IKEA--but have read alot about them... Sounds like you all got alot of neat buys there...

Hope you have a good week.
Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

Happy to hear that you shopping trip was successful. I've never been to Ikea. I don't like the fact that it gets dark so early in the PM but I do enjoy the early morning sun as I am always up early getting hubby off to work.

Gail said...

I would go crazy in an Ikea. I love their stuff online. May have to find out close one is to me.