Tuesday, November 27, 2012

CATCH UP HOUSEWORK DAY

I guess the feeling I had in my throat last night and today must be pretty common as I found this cartoon to describe my exact feelings.
I finally heated some honey last night and stopped my coughing long enough to get to sleep. With each cough I felt like there were knives slicing the lining of my throat out.
After a good nights sleep I felt better this morning and the coughs were fewer and farther between. After getting g-son to school ,doing chores and having a good breakfast I was ready to do an inside walking video and weight lifting tape.
We haven't seen any of the promised rain but the sky is socked in with clouds and the air is damp in the mid 40's temperatures this morning.
After both my videos I did laundry mixed with catch-up housework since I didn't do any housework last week. I can't believe how dirty some things (like the commodes) can get in that extra week of no cleaning !
By about 2:00 I had everything on my list for today caught up and decided to change my living room curtains for awhile.I have had valences up for several years but got out some lace curtains that I saved from years ago and changed them some to make them look more Christmas like.

The valences of these are supposed to be much longer but I shortened them up so they won't block any of the window's view.
That is all the decorating I got done today as I am moving a bit slower than usual with my sore throat and now a runny nose to go with it.
G-son thought the new curtains looked like "dream windows" when he came in from school. He got in trouble at school today when he called a little girl in his class "fat". When I asked him if he knew what fat meant,he said yes ," that's what my mom calls my dad". I don't think he realized that he would hurt someone's feelings by saying that to them. Oh well he knows now and that won't be the last thing he  learns the hard way I'm sure.
The air at chore time this evening has a colder feel to it and the clouds that were still hanging around made for a pretty sunset tonight.
I took this pic and walked up to shut the doors on the chicken houses and when I looked at the sky again the clouds had totally taken over the clear sky.
After supper I rested on the couch with my 4-legged kids for a while watching a NC State/Michigan basketball game.
Speaking of basketball, daughter had her first game of the season last night and coached the JV team to it's first victory in 2 years. However the varsity which she is the assistant coach for lost badly when they got into foul trouble in the second half.
Looking forward to a good hot bath and a good night's sleep.
Grateful to the Lord for another wonderful day full of blessings.
Good Night and God Bless.



4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Rainy and cold here today---DREARY.... I've been decorating and cleaning!!!

Love the sky picture. Beautiful..

Feel better soon.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

The top mountain peaks in Pakistan has lot of stories some of those mountains are called killer peak i suggest you to get flights for pakistan to attempt those killer mountain to create a new history.

linda m said...

I love you white curtains. I always wished I had some like that. Honey is the best cough medicine and throat soother I know. Hope you feel better soon. God's blessings.

Anonymous said...

CLICK ON AMY ALEX. VERY INTERESTING. I THOUGHT HE WAS A LADY. HE LIKES ADVENTURE. SOUNDS LIKE HE LOVES MOUNTAINS ALSO.
HELLO AMY ALEX. JUST A GRANNY FROM THE GOOD OLD USA.