Friday, November 30, 2012

BUSY FRIDAY AND A FUNERAL VISITATION

Marveling at some of Jack Frost's art work on the van windows as we sat in the car rider line at g-son's school this morning.

And even more marvelous is the frozen leaves.

After chores I started baking cakes early today because of a large order that came in earlier this morning.
I had to stop and turn the ovens off while I took Dolly to the dog groomers.
I grabbed a bite of lunch when I got home and started the ovens back up. I finished baking at 2:30 and took a much needed vitamin D break out in the beautiful warm,62 degree, sunshine.
Back inside I did a little more Christmas decorating,I'm still not feeling well enough to really get into the spirit but  hopefully as I get over this crud I will get things done next week. In all the years past I always say what doesn't get done by the end of the first week in December has to wait until next year.
The groomer called and said Dolly was ready at a perfect time.
Dolly's attitude when she comes come is that no matter how cute I say she looks it is not worth what she has to go through to look this good !!!

 After Hubbie came in from work we hurried through chores and had a quick supper before heading out to the funeral home for the visitation of one of my first cousin's wives. Polly has been sick for over 11 years after a stroke paralyzed her legs and damaged her mind and it was a blessing that she went on to be with the Lord now rather than later. About 3 weeks ago Polly had another severe stroke that made her helpless and Don was worn out trying to care for her so he was making arrangements to move her to the local Hospice facility but she died in her own bed Thursday morning the day she was to be moved.

Polly was a dear sweet devoted wife and mother of two beautiful daughters.
The daughter in the yellow shirt died only a couple years ago. She was blind all her life and I remember watching with marvel at all the sign language she and her mother used. Polly learned the braille alphabet along with her daughter Janet so she could totally understand her.
As I talked with Pam the other daughter last night she said she had found a lot of photos with our families together in them when she was looking through pics to put out at the vivitation,she said she is going to make me copies and get them to me,I can't wait !!
I had to ice 12 caramel cakes,3 chocolate and 3 coconut cakes when I got home plus get everything ready for market today.
I have been taking Alka-Seltzer plus all day and am feeling some better tonight. My nose isn't runny anymore  and the sneezing has calmed down but the cough has reared it's ugly head again,uhhhh !!!
Had a late bed time so I'm hoping I'll sleep good as I am tired.
Thanking God for a wonderful day and praying for His comfort for Polly's family tonight.
Good Night and God Bless.


1 comment:

Gail said...

Love that doggy cut. I don't think she does.

It is sad to lose someone but it's good that she went at home and now has peace.

Heal quickly.