Saturday, November 10, 2012

FIRE,EARTHQUAKE ,SLOW MARKET,DEAD BATTERY,1982 MEMORY, JUST A REGULAR SATURDAY !!

Getting ready for market I noticed the calender as I walked by and stopped dead in my tracks ! Thanksgiving cannot be just 1 1/2 weeks away,no way, we just had our first frost yesterday !!??
Daughter made it here with her baked goods just as we were getting ready to pull out of the yard. She is practicing her basketball team from 10-12am today.
Market was slow today and there weren't many customers coming through even though it is a very nice warm, 64 degree sunny day.
Just as hubbie was getting ready to leave market #2 son called him and said he had a dead battery in his jeep. He was supposed to go back to work today but when his jeep wouldn't start that didn't happen.
I had a very short light set of jumper cables in my van but hubbie borrowed a larger set from one of the neighbors and headed up to his house.
They came back by and dropped the cables off on their way to get him a new battery put in.
Daughter brought g-son in with her when she came after ball practice. They walked down to Yogurt world and brought us back some yogurt.
He is getting so big and so independent.
They helped me load and headed for Jackson Park to play awhile. I did my shopping  and made it home at 4:00. We unloaded and I took a short rest while hubbie grilled a couple steaks for our supper.
We ate, did the chores and went to Walmart and Sam's Club to pick up some groceries and things for a 7-layer salad for hubbie's family Thanksgiving get together tomorrow night. Since sis-in-law is going to Disney World with her brother and his wife next week this is the only time she can host the dinner.
Today has been an eventful day around our area. A large wild fire has burned about 12 acres before firefighters got it contained.
And about noon today we got a shake from a 4.3 earthquake that was centered in eastern Kentucky.
Fortunately neither of these caused much damage ,thanks be to God.

I didn't find much in the way of decade pictures for November in any of the decade years past but I did find this one of #1 son and me in 1982.
This was taken at my mom's house and that old ziegler oil heater in the background brought back some painful memories for me. I was around 4 or 5 years old when I stumbled and fell against that heater with both hands. I was burned very badly as back in those days heaters didn't have guards on them,they were hot !  I remember having both my hands bandaged like I had mittens on for many days.  When I worked for the school system we had to be finger printed and they had to try a couple times and press extremely hard to ever get any impression of my fingertips. I wonder if the prints were burned off when I fell into that heater ??
Thanking God for a blessed day and praying for His guidance in all that I do.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI Marilyn, We were in your beautiful state this past week. Visited Grandfather Mountain and Linville Falls.

I wondered if you felt the earthquake.. We didn't feel it here..

Still not frost much here --but today is extremely WINDY... Maybe the rest of the leaves will come down so that I can do one more yard clean-up.

Cute 1982 photo.

Hugs,
Betsy