Friday, March 15, 2013

BEAUTIFUL FRIDAY

I was pleasently surprised with g-son this morning as he was so happy and energetic for a Friday morning,he must have something special going on at school today !
I  am trying out a new housecleaning schedule to try to aleviate my backaches from doing to much mopping and vacuuming in one day. So this morning after chores,breakfast and devotions I cleaned,vacuumed and mopped the sunroom. Then baked cakes, 9 caramel,2 coconut and 3 chocolates. While I waited for the last ones to come out of the oven I cleaned the kitchen and had lunch. The timing was perfect as I was finished with this just as the cakes came out of the oven and I could sweep and mop the kitchen/dining room floors.
The temperature was in the 60's and the sun was calling my name so outside I went. Much to the chickens delight I pulled up a bunch of  kale and gave it to them as the garden needs to be cleaned off so hubbie can plow. We plow in the fall when we get everything out of the garden but I add compost all through the winter from my chickens so he plows all that in just before we plant the early crops in spring.
Ahhh!! This warmth feels so good on my old bones and arthritic joints.
D-in-love called and ask me to pick up g-son today as her mom had locked her keys up and couldn't make it to his school on time.
He was ravenously hungry today,must be another growth spurt.
I got a couple more bonnets sewed up while he ate. This time a medium and a large.

As I worked outside I noticed that seemingly overnight several blooms have popped out.
These little Creeping Johnny blossoms are so dainty.
Periwinkle along the driveway is starting to bloom.
These are some of my favorite daffodils with their lacy double blooms.
As I walked these guys kept an eye on me just in case I might have a hand out.
They have become the permanent residents of the upper pasture so the cows in the lower pasture can have their minerals free choice before they all have calves in a couple months. The horses don't mind this arrangement at all since they get extra attention up around the barn with Snowball.
D-in-love came after g-son tonight as #1 son is on a road building job this week and is working until 6 each night. This is a picture he sent of his track hoe down under the roadway.
Back in the hard rains of last month a portion of this road washed completely away and they are building it back with netted baskets filled with rocks. He called them a name but I forgot what he said. It was a dangerous job for all of the men working here. Hopefully they will finish Monday.
I iced cakes for 2 hours tonight while watching the ACC tournament games.
The Duke/Maryland game which Maryland won in a huge upset was a good ballgame. Then I watched part of the UNC/Florida State game but as it started at 9:30 I went to bed before it was over with UNC leading by 15 points.
I have several orders for market tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good day. Usually as the weather warms so does business.
Grateful to God for the health and joys of each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Cakes available all the time...I could get used to that!