Saturday, March 16, 2013


I have no idea how I got so far behind this morning,in fact I didn't even realize I was behind until hubbie commented how late we were after I came in from feeding the chickens and dogs and turning them out.
I got to market 15 minutes late but luckily daughter was already there and had her things out for sale although no customers had been there yet.
She stayed for a while then headed over to the highschool to a volleyball tournament. Hubbie headed home to get the smoker going with all the meat I bought Thursday in it.
I had a pretty good day,I'm very thankful for what I did sell. Today is a beautiful sunny almost 70 degree day so everyone is probably working in their yards on this first spring like day.
Before I left market I took down the St.Patricks Day decorations and put up my Easter decorations, ready for next week.
 Par for the way I came in this morning I was late leaving,the last one to get out the door and again I have no excuse !
I stopped at Aldi on the way home to pick up more salad for tomorrow's lunch.
Hubbie helped me unload and get things put away. We checked the meat in the smoker,it was coming along nicely.
I pulled more kale for the chickens and spread the composted manure out of the bins on part of the garden to be plowed in.
I set another little white Silkie hen . A red one has been wanting to set longer but when I moved her into the setter box she went wild so I let her out and put the white one in there,she was fine and settled right down on the eggs I had in there. I might give little red another chance tomorrow.
We came inside to watch the UNC/Maryland semi-final ACC tournament game which UNC won.
I got a call from a friend telling me some sad news. Another friend of ours Anita Rhodes was traveling down 64 highway this morning when a tree fell on her car killing her instantly. This is so sad and I pray for her family  as her son graduated with my #2 son and now works with hubbie. He just found out that he and his wife are expecting twins and these would have been Anita's first grandchildren. She was so excited for their arrival. She was on her way to her church this morning with the bulletins for tomorrow's service as she was the church secretary.
I know Anita is in the loving arms of our Heavenly Father tonight but my prayers go out for her family as they grieve this loss. I pray for comfort and understanding in the coming days for them.
Good Night and God Bless.


Gail said...

Oh, what a tragic accident!

The family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Betsy Adams said...

HI Marilyn, So sad about the death of Anita. That just goes to show us that life is precious and none of us know how long we will be on this earth. God Bless the family/friends.

I guess everyone was outside today enjoying our spring day. We certainly enjoyed being out in that spring air. I even had the windows and door opened at home. Felt so nice!!!!

Hope you have a blessed Sunday.

linda eller said...

So sad about your friend, but she is in our Father's house now at rest. I had porch time reading today, and that I love.

linda m said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I will say a prayer for her and her family.