Thursday, March 21, 2013

BIGGEST SNOWFALL OF THE YEAR USHERS IN SPRING

I'm going to start today's blog last night just after 11pm as I was getting ready to get into bed and let the dogs out for their last bathroom break of the day. I was shocked when I opened the door and looked out to see this.
I haven't seen it snow this hard since the blizzard of 1993. I had to wake hubbie up so he could have a look for himself.
Not the expected way to end the first day of spring for sure.It must not have snowed at this pace for very long as we would have had a major amount of snow this morning and we only had about an inch.

An early phone call confirmed my expectations that school wouldn't be on a regular schedule as a 2-hour delay was the info from the call.
G-son had extra time before school to put a puzzle together.
 As I did chores out in the 26 degree morning I took time to make some pictures of the biggest snow of the season so far.

The pretty spring bloomers have a cool blanket of snow on them this morning.
G-son laughed all the way to school at all the road signs and mailboxes that were covered with the blowing snow that had frozen on them.
The lawn at school was covered but the roads were fine, a perfect snow !!
It was a very heavy sticky snowfall and with the temperature only getting into the mid 30's there wasn't much melting even with the sunshine.
After I dropped g-son off I headed to town to run errands and do some other business that took a lot more time than I had expected. I was finishing up my shopping in Walmart just before 3pm when I got a phone call from g-son's other grandmother who was scheduled to pick him up today but was stuck in traffic as a house fire between her house and his school closed the road.
I called daughter and had her call his school so they could tell him what was going on and why I was going to be late picking him up so he wouldn't get scared.
I made it there about 3:20.
As we drove home he complained with his throat feeling scratchy and when he ate he said it hurt  so I hope he isn't getting anything to bad.
His dad looked down his throat when he got here and said it looked okay to him so who knows.
Evening chore time felt like mid winter instead of early spring and I'm sure the animals are feeling it too. I gave out some extra feed tonight and hoped that my little setting silkies will manage to keep their eggs warm through these next few nights. It's already 28 degrees at 10:30 tonight.
Hubbie and I had a nice restful evening.
Grateful to God for the blessings of this day and for His never ending love each day.
Good Night and God Bless.







3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I'm not surprised that you all got snow. We had flurries --but no accumulation at all. BUT--it was 15 degrees this morning when I went on the deck to put out the bird food. AND--it stayed bitterly cold all day... OH-how I yearn for spring. BUT --they say that we could be in for a wicked weekend too.... Yuk....

Hope you had a good day despite the weather.

Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

I can't believe you got that much snow. Now here in WI that would be just a "dusting" . Sure hope the real spring weather arrives soon. Praying that G-son doesn't get sick. Blessings

Unknown said...

Hope that snow goes away and you can get around easily. Have a nice weekend.