Sunday, March 10, 2013


When I woke up and looked out the bedroom window I moaned at the prospect of a cloudy day but then I remembered the time change and that the sun wasn't up yet,uhhh !!
As I finished chores the sun made an appearance and warmed the morning.
Church was good today with our associate pastor still doing the preaching as our senior pastor is still in Turkey on mission. Eight members of our congregation left yesterday to join him for the next two weeks.
After service and lunch with everyone here daughter went out to meet Claudia and pick up g-son's friend who came last week to spend the afternoon with him,she brought him here and then she went home. #2 son and hubbie went to Home Depot to get potting soil to put in the pots with all the Murray Cypress trees we need to move from the right of way property the DOT just bought. D-in-love and I tackled their taxes.  I need to call the IRS with a couple questions for them before we complete the forms. G-son and his friend have played while we worked. They all left and I had time to bird watch some this evening in the extended daylight.
This Sunday has been blessed with the business of family and friends and has been wonderful.
Back in March of 1983 things were very busy also as we welcomed our second son.
I am ready to pop in this picture.
On the last day of February I went for my routine doctor's appointment and found my blood pressure had sky rocketed. They let me go home but I was to report to the hospital early the next morning,March 1st to have my labor induced.
Labor was induced about 9:00 and about 9 hours later,whew !!  I had my second darling baby boy in my arms.
He was such a peaceful baby and slept through the nights, even through his early photos.
Slept through his first meeting with his older brother.
And the introduction to his Aunt Laurie.
He was a big baby.
May mother never came to visit me in the hospital when any of my babies were born but was happy to see each one when we got them home.
I've never really understood why she never came to the hospital because wild horses couldn't keep me away from my daughter or daughter in law's when my grand babies enter this world !!
My mom had strange ways and we were never really close but I know she loved her grand babies.
As I finish this blog post it is already after 10pm so with an extra early morning coming up I'm off to bed.
Thanking God for the blessings of today and for the wonderful memories.
Good Night and God Bless.


Betsy Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, YES--you looked like you were going to pop in 1983 before the 2nd son was born. My 3 were born in 1963, 1970 and 1971. It took me a long time to get pregnant before 1st and 2nd son. SO--I was careless about birth control after the 2nd son was born... WAH-LAH... Pregnant again quickly. The two younger boys are only 16 months apart... ha

We had a wonderful weekend of hiking and waterfalls in DeSoto State Park in Alabama celebrating George's 71st birthday!!!! Loads of fun...


linda m said...

The pictures of your second son are so precious. It still amazes how a baby fits inside of us without a person splitting a seam somewhere. God certainly created us wonderfully. Blessings

Gail said...

What wonderful memories.

I think my Mom stayed away because she knew this was a time to be spent with husband and new baby. She was always there to help afterwards but the hospital time was ours.