Monday, March 4, 2013

DAY OF WAITING

Hubbie took g-son to school while I let out the dogs and fed and watered the chickens. I was stretching some netting over top of my Silkie lot when hubbie came up and helped me drive some nails around to hang the netting on. I don't want to loose another silkie from a hawk attack. The lot is totally covered in the netting so if anything tries to fly down they will become entangled in the net.
If it snows I will have to take it down but it should be fine otherwise.With the black shimmer it gives off I'm sure it will scare off intruders.
I came inside and had breakfast then did some exercises while hubbie worked outside. We have a long list of errands to run but need to wait on the DOT man before we leave.He said he would try to be here before lunch.
I went through all my photos for decade pics for March. I realized this will be the 20th anniversary of the "blizzard of '93", that will be a long post !
By lunch time we were both beginning to doubt that we would get our list of errands done today. Finally about 2pm he came with the checks for the land they bought.
We took off to town as soon as he left to get to the bank and meet up with #2 son to give him his.
There wasn't time for anything else so we left town and picked up g-son from school. He went with us to Walmart  and Sam's Club to at least get some of our list taken care of.
We offered g-son a slice of his favorite pizza in Sam's but he turned it down to wait for mac and cheese at home. When we got here he ate 2 platefuls !
Dad picked him up and hubbie and I did chores and had some fresh steamed broccoli and corn on the cob I found at the grocery.
I did a  little paperwork and then worked on my blog book tonight to finish off an uneventful day.
The weather keeps looking less and less threatening for our area with the heavy snow warnings moving more north with each forecast.
Grateful to God tonight for the blessings of another wonderful day.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

linda m said...

I hate it when people say they are going to be at your place a certain time then they don't show up until hours later. glad you finally got your check and some of your errands done. The storm we were expecting is heading a little more south of us than previously expected so our snow totals will be less. I am happy about that. God answered my prayers about getting a little less snow. Blessings to you.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hello, We had a nice day yesterday --and all of our weekend snow melted. However, they are now saying that we may get snow tonight and tomorrow morning.... SO--guess winter is not finished with us either.

We woke up to a thunderstorm early this morning and it's been raining here off and on all morning. Not sure I'll get my walk in today!

You all did get quite a bit of your errands done yesterday... Hope your weather cooperates today.

Hugs,
Betsy