Thursday, August 17, 2017

BUSY MARKET THURSDAY AND ANOTHER RAINY EVENING

No special activities today , just a regular market day on tap. I woke up about 6am with a scratchy throat and a stuffy nose, not sure what is going on but I can't decide if I'm getting sick or just tired from yesterday's activities and the heat.
Got the chores done and headed to market . We got set up and looked around for customers who were scarce but I ended up having a pretty good day ,so I am very thankful as always. There was a beautiful blue Fall looking sky in town today.
I left market and ran regular errands at the bank and P.O. and then went to Ingles, Aldi and Walmart for baking supplies and groceries. I had a bad shopping afternoon probably partly because I still don't feel great and there are just so many people in this town right now and the stores are so crowded. The newly remodeled Aldi store is now my least favorite stop as it is so much harder to get around in there now. I am going to start going there after I drop g-daughter R off at her school starting in September instead of stopping on my way home on Thursdays and Saturdays to see how much easier early morning shopping is.
The other bad experience didn't have anything to do with crowded aisles. I went into the newer Ingles store to get some Boars Head sandwich meat and cheese. I gave my order to the fellow behind the counter who looked bothered by me asking for anything and as he took the meat out of the counter to slice it he dropped it into the floor which was bad enough. But then as I watched him stoop down to pick it up he drooled heavily from his mouth. I have no idea if the drool went on the meat or not because I couldn't get away from that counter fast enough !!!!
Needless to say I gagged my way all the way to the car !! and went to another Ingles for my meat and cheese. I still get a queasy feeling even now thinking about it.
Dark clouds built up toward our house on the way home and sure enough about 1 mile from home I ran into a rain storm.
Hubbie helped get me unloaded and then we hunkered down for a terrible thunder and lightening storm that passed right over us with constant thunder.
It rained on and off all evening leaving a total of  1& 1 /14 inches in the gauge for the second day in a row.
It gets muddier and muddier around my chicken lots and the garden is standing in water. Some of my girls and boys this evening.
Another bad storm passed by the area later this evening and it was still lightly raining when darkness fell.
The "H" storm was named today . Harvey is staying low and posing no threat to the US.
Heading for an early bedtime tonight and get ready for an exciting Friday as g-daughter will be spending her first day away from her mama who has a required teacher workday tomorrow.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the protection from the storm this evening.
God Bless and Good Night.





1 comment:

linda m said...

Sure hope you aren't getting sick. You are really getting a lot of rain; sounds like all our rain is now dumping on you. Have fun with g-daughter today and have a great weekend. Blessings

P.S. I hope you reported that deli clerk at Ingles to the store manager. That is just gross.