Saturday, August 19, 2017

LATE GARDEN

Market day Saturday is sunny and warm this morning as I get chores done and head out to town.
It was a pretty good day and I am very thankful for all that I did sell.
I had to meet one of my customers at Aldi because she got caught in the heavy traffic on the interstate and was late getting into town.
I shopped at Aldi and Walmart on my way home.
I had a "blast from the past" as I passed this Ford dealership and saw this mustang show. It made me think back to the days when I had my 1966 convertible mustang.

 Hubbie helped me unload when I got home and then he rode with me up to our friends blackberry farm on Sugarloaf mountain to pick up our honey they were saving for us.
The bees did a good job his year and the honey is delicious. We took a drive around the mountain where hubbie's family members used to live and looked at how much things have changed up there. It is a nice quiet drive with little traffic so much different than around town right now !!
We came home and had a nice supper for a change. We had fresh green beans , a couple ears of some fresh corn a friend gave us, fresh tomatoes and I pressured some frozen ribs that we found buried in our freezer and I boiled some beets I bought Thursday from a fellow vendor at market. We need to start eating at least one good meal per day like this, preferably for lunch but neither of us had taken time today to eat any lunch at all so this was a must tonight.
Hubbie got all the lawn mowed this afternoon.
Thankfully we had another rain free day but it was hot , 88 degrees.
Son-in-love and g-daughter I found a nice place to cool off in.
I did chores this evening and checked out the garden. The recent heavy rains have taken a tole on some of our produce unfortunately.
The tomatoes have developed a blight and even with hubbie's diligent spraying when it isn't raining they look pretty bad.
The half runner beans are about done for the season also with one more picking maybe to get some to sell at market Thursday.
On the flip side the Greasy Beans are still looking great and producing some fresh beans for eating.
The okra is doing well and I cut another batch to fry for our lunch tomorrow.
The peppers are still producing but slowing down.
Hubbie has several large watermelons in his patch this year and is babying them by covering them with towels to keep the sun from scalding them after he cut the weeds from over them.

Our newly planted greens are up and growing well despite being saturated with water.
As we finished our chores #1 son's family came by and g-daughter got her first bike riding lesson from her dad.
Then her Pawpaw helped her slide.
#1 son had put in g-daughter's mom's septic system today and it looks like he had a lot of great help !





This is a perfect way to ride off into the sunset on this busy day.
Thankful to God for the blessings of this day and saying a prayer for little EL tonight who got into a bees nest at her house this evening and got stung 8 times.
God Bless and Good Night











No comments: