Tuesday, August 15, 2017

TOMATO CANNING TUESDAY

Up early this morning after a restless night . Seems at least one night a week I have trouble getting to sleep. I am thankful it is just one night !!
Did chores early then took g-daughter R to her Tuesday play school at First Baptist Church in town.
She loves this little school and it makes my heart happy to see her march right in and start jabbering to the other kids.
I came home and started a morning of house cleaning. Hubbie chipped in and made the job go so much faster, even g-son got into the cleaning with his spot in the living room.
I mopped all of us out the door and left hubbie and g-son sitting out in the covered patio while I went to pick up g-daughter R.
She went to sleep on the way home and slept only about 30 minutes after I got home. We didn't even have time to finish our lunch. She just doesn't want to nap without someone laying in bed with her and hubbie and I just have too much to do to start that.
I picked up the mail on my way in and our solar eclipse viewing glasses came today. Our area is almost totality about 99 % here so it will be a once in a life time event if the clouds don't cover it up.
I am thankful we get to view the event from our own backyard without getting out on the roads.
After g-daughter R got settled down playing with hubbie I decided to get my tomatoes canned.
I got 9 quarts of beautiful tomatoes from the baskets we picked this past weekend.

Hubbie picked more ripening ones today before he sprayed for a fungus the plants are getting from all the rain and no sunshine lately. We are hoping the fungus hasn't already gotten to far along to stop but this is the first rain free day we have had since we got back from vacation to get anything sprayed.
We almost lost Dolly the 4-legged kid today as hubbie had let her out to potty and forgot to get her back inside. Because she is blind she just wanders and today she wandered down to the highway where someone picked her up. Thankfully they did put her picture on social media and daughter happened to see it. They had taken her straight to an animal shelter in town that quickly puts animals down and by the time daughter drove straight there she had to pay $75 to get Dolly back ????
The lady that picked her up must have drove straight there after she picked her up and had already turned her in by the time she saw daughter's answer to her facebook post which had been up for 13 minutes before daughter answered ???
Anyway daughter brought her home to our relief and hubbie was scolded into never letting her loose in the yard again. She has a little lot I always put her in so she can't wander off.
We had a nice visit with daughter and g-daughter I anyway out of all this.
After they left we did chores and then watched the news . Hurricane Gert is sure giving the coastal residence a scare but only rough seas will result from her path northward.
The thunder heads were starting to bank around the horizon this evening but we are so thankful for a rain free day today to get some of the nice warm drying out sunshine.
I baked cakes tonight to get a jump on tomorrow. I baked 6 caramel, 1 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake tonight.
G-daughter I turned 8 weeks old today !! She is growing up and changing so much each week now !


My feet are hurting from all my standing today and I am so thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.





1 comment:

linda m said...

Sp glad you got Dolly back. That is such a rip off having to pay $75 to get your dog back The shelter I used to volunteer at did the same thing. They should give a person at least a couple of hours before they charge you. Blessings