Friday, August 25, 2017

FIFTH GRADE HERE HE COMES

G-daughter I arrived at 7:45 this morning to get this day off to a good start. She was extra sleepy today and slept until 10:00 allowing hubbie and I both to get chores done and have breakfast and me to get my baking things gathered in the kitchen.
G-daughter I and hubbie were very entertained watching Splash and Bubbles on the TV when she woke up.

I made g-daughter I a bottle and hubbie and I took turns trying to encourage her to suck to no avail, she just went back to sleep so we would leave her alone.
I baked 6 caramels, 2 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and 2 pans of brownies before putting the green beans in the pressure pot for lunch and had a turkey/ cheese roll with them, delicious mid day meal. I love fresh green beans !!
I took over g-daughter I while hubbie went outside to get some little task done. He is trying to catch things up gradually that have been neglected for months and in some cases years while he worked and it is definitely making the farm look much better.
I tried once again to give g-daughter a bottle and she still refused but after a short while went to sleep.
I took her in my office and sewed while she slept in the quiet house.
I made these 2 little baby bonnets before she woke up.
I need to get my sewing crafts re-stocked at market before the leaf lookers get here in October. When I looked at G-daughter I sleeping in this little seat memories of g-daughter R doing the exact same thing flooded back in what seems just a few days ago !!! This is g-daughter on November 18,2015 at about the same age as g-daughter I is today.

Daughter came after school and fed g-daughter I then they went to a cook-out at the school before the football game tonight.
G-son had his back to school bash at his elementary school and he looks proud to be going into the 5th grade.

 We did chores and thanked the Lord for our good weather here as we watched the news of the Category 4 hurricane that is barreling down on the coast of Texas tonight.  Harvey strengthened quickly today in the record warm gulf waters that have a temperature in the mid 80's.

Rainfall totals for some areas are insane and will cause major devastation as will the cat 4 wind speeds and storm surge for these areas.

Praying for safety for all the folks in the path of this storm tonight.
Daughter and son-in-love met back here to leave g-daughter I here and go to the first home football game of the season and the first game on the new artificial turf field that was put in this summer.
The sunset is always beautiful from the home stands.

They only stayed until half time in a pretty boring game which North Henderson defeated East Henderson in.
After they all left I iced cakes and got things ready for market before getting in bed about 12:30 am.
Thankful tonight for a loving Heavenly Father and the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.









No comments: