Friday, August 18, 2017

FIRST G-DAUGHTER I DAY

Up to greet g-daughter I for daughter's first day back to work. Today is a required teacher work day so she can come home at lunch and feed her.
G-daughter I went right back to sleep in the swing. This is the same swing g-daughter R slept the mornings away in we are hoping g-daughter I will do the same.
I did chores and emptied another 1/10th inch of rain from the late evening shower we had.
I started baking for the day, I baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate,5 pound, 1 cherry wine and 1 blackberry wine , 1 apple coffee cake and 2 pans of brownies in among fixing bottles for g-daughter I who acted like we were trying to poison her with this bottle today and totally refused to suck it. Maybe it was the frozen milk but she will definitely have to get over this. Funny thing she wasn't crying from hungry but seemed to be in a good mood all morning.
Daughter came in at noon and fed her and then ate her lunch and went back to school.
G-daughter I took another nap while I finished my baking and cleaned the kitchen.
After she woke up we sat out in the covered patio where a cool breeze felt good on this mostly sunny lower 80's day.
G-daughter I seems to love the outdoors as she loves to look all around with those big pretty eyes she has.
 She went back to sleep and slept until I took her inside to change her diaper before her mom got here.
Daughter came to pick her up and then hubbie and I relaxed and watched the news. All the news is about the near total eclipse that is coming through our area on Monday.
Our area is expected to have 99% totality which will be the only one we will see in our lifetime. The next one to come that close to here will be in 2078, g-son will be my age when that one happens!!!
We live just below Asheville.
We did chores then I started icing cakes and getting things ready for market. I made it to bed a little after midnight.
As I look at this new granddaughter and realize the responsibility that hubbie and I have of caring for her as well as the other 2 it makes me so humbly thankful that God has allowed us to be able to be part of their lives and watch them grow up.
Thankful for the blessings of the day and for the love of our Wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: