Monday, August 28, 2017

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2017-2018

Early mornings start today as g-daughter R arrived at 7:00 today. G-son was ready to meet this new school year head on in the fifth grade.
He has certainly changed a lot since he started kindergarten in 2012.
G-daughter I arrived shortly at 7:15 and she went right back to sleep in the swing to the disappointment of g-daughter R who thought she could play with her.
I did chores and then g-daughter R , hubbie and I had breakfast.
When g-daughter I woke up I managed to get 1 oz of milk in her by letting her chew on the nipple that had more holes in it.
Then she and g-daughter R were such fun to watch as they start their bonding.
R taught I to suck her pacifier !!!!

Cartoon watching buddies !! By the looks on their faces they both had the same opinion of whatever was on the TV.
I got the weekly laundry started then we all loaded up and made a trip over to sis-in-law Sandy's to pick up some outgrown toys she was giving us.
G-daughter R picked her favorite right off. Her dad used to love to ride motorcycles and looks like she got that love from him also.
She played in the playhouse while we had a nice visit with Sandy and Sandy got to hold g-daughter I for the first time since she was born.


Both girls went to sleep for a short nap on the way home. When we got them inside and awake I fixed g-daughter R some chicken nuggets, cheese and chips for her lunch and then I made g-daughter I another bottle. And low and behold after just a short time coaxing her she started to suck the bottle and polished off 2 ounces of milk.
She slept the afternoon away while we played with g-daughter R and I worked on laundry.
Daughter came in at 3:30 and fed g-daughter  I.
D-in-love came in at 4:15 to pick up g-daughter R, g-son said he had a very good first day at school and was all smiles.
Daughter  had to keep score at the JV volleyball game this evening so I went back out to school with her to hold g-daughter I while she did that.
Her assistant coach from last year took over the team this year so daughter could spend more time with g-daughter I.
The game was a short 2 set victory for the North team and I came home at 6:15 to catch the weather on the news.
Hurricane Harvey is slowly moving out of Texas but not before leaving historic flooding in its path.
Many many folks lost everything to this storm.


Our weather has been really Fall feeling today with the high only reaching 71 degrees and the day has been totally cloudy.
After chores I walked this evening up around the house while hubbie went down to #1 son's house along with #2 son who stopped on his way home from work to help move some heavy furniture upstairs in g-son's new room.
I am tired tonight and headed to an early bedtime to get used to this new wake up time. I actually like having a reason to get up early as I enjoy the quiet early mornings and I like getting my day off to an earlier start.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the opportunity to watch these 2 little grand girls form the sweetest bond already. Continuing to pray for the folks in the path of Harvey.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

That is so sweet the way g=daughter R acts with her cousin. Also happy you finally got g-daughter i to take 2 ounces of milk. What is going on in Texas with "Harvey" is really scary; I have friends who live in the area and they are really scared. Praying for all Texans. Blessings