Thursday, August 24, 2017

THURSDAY MARKET , HURRICANE HARVEY , 1987 BIRTHDAY

Haha, Bernie the 4-legged kid barked early this morning and hubbie sprang out of bed thinking one of the girls was here with the grandkids. He forgot this is market day and no kids are arriving today.
We got chores done and headed into town on pretty vacant roads today. This is always the slow down ahead of the flocks of folks coming into town for the Apple Festival next weekend.
Market was okay today but slower than previous August Thursdays.
I changed my table cloth to this red checked for the celebration next weekend.
And I am ready for the few customers that came through today with a smile and  hello.
One of my long time customers dropped these little hangers off for g-daughter I .
I am thankful for all the things I did sell today and for a very nice cooler less humid feeling day inside market today.
I left market and made stops at the bank , PO, Sav Mor, Ingles, Aldi and Walmart to pick up groceries and baking supplies. I made it home at 4:30 just as hubbie finished bush hogging the lower pastures.
He helped me unload and get things put away then we had a snack and watched the early news before we did chores.
Hubbie went down to help #1 son move some furniture around and I took my walk around the lower pastures. I took these beautiful pics tonight of the nicely bush hogged pastures that were filled with the fresh cut grass aroma.
 This one is frame worthy !!!!  The last fleeting rays of glorious sunlight !!

I came back to the house and relaxed for the evening.
Back on August 8, 1987 my mother Goldie turned 73 years old and my three kids celebrated with her.


The news for the east coast of Texas is very scary as the tropical storm Harvey which wasn't even predicted to reach hurricane strength is now forecast to become the first category 3 storm to hit the USA in over a decade and the strongest storm to hit Texas in 47 years..
The rain totals are unbelievable as the storm is predicted to stall just over land into the first of next  week. I can't even imagine what 35 inches of rain could do !!!
Praying for all the folks in this storms path and asking God to give them safety in the storm.
I am thankful for all my blessings of this day .
God Bless and Good Night.






1 comment:

linda m said...

Love the picture of the filed with the suns rays shining. I too am praying for all the people in the path of this storm. 35 inches of rain is incomprehensible to me. Have a great weekend and God bless you.