Friday, August 11, 2017


Up and out to start another busy day to finish off this busy week.
Emptied another 7/10ths inch of rain from the gauge from the heavy overnight showers that I heard just as I got into bed last night.
After chores and breakfast daughter came over and we loaded g-daughter I in the Honda and d-in-love dropped g-daughter R off to spend the morning with hubbie while we all went over to the Wee Trade show at the WNC Ag Center in Fletcher.
I had never been to this event and was amazed at all the kids things they had. There were tables full of everything you could ever imagine to use or play with and rack after rack of kids clothing.

We found a few things we needed and then stood in the long check out line. Daughter went looking for another car seat base but didn't find one of those.
D-in-love headed to Walmart and daughter and I went to Fletcher hardware to pick up some bulk Kale and Collard seeds. It's hard to find seeds in bulk around here anymore.
We had to take a detour home because of a road clearing crew and ran across a garage sale to stop at on our way. We both found a couple things there and then turned toward home with these threatening clouds covering the mountain tops.
After lunch hubbie went with daughter to her house to do some touch up painting before she puts her house on the market for sale next week and I started baking cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 coconut, 4 pound cakes and 2 pans of brownies before taking a break.
The clouds have hung low and dark all evening but so far we have just had light sprinkles of rain.
When hubbie came in from daughters he decided to go ahead and weed eat the yard even in the dampness.
I walked around the yard and checked out all the fruits and garden. There are a few late blackberry bushes that are still bearing sweet berries.
And this late blueberry bush surprised us with a bounty of blueberries.
And the grapes are providing us with a bounty of large sweet grapes this year and g-daughter R has discovered these are one of her favorite snacks.

I am very thankful for the bounty of our garden this year as it continues to produce fresh vegetables and has provided so far 45 quarts of beans, 16 pints of salsa and 6 quarts of pasta sauce for our winter food supply. And I'm sure with the sunshine after all these rainy days there will be more canning and freezing to be done.

After chores this evening I iced cakes and got things ready for market.
D-in-love dropped g-son off this morning at his first summer camp experience. There is a local camp , Pinewood, that hosts a Christian camp for 5th graders each summer. It is called Camp "Glow"
G-Glorifying God, L-Leading Youth, O-Organizing community, W- without addiction or drugs. This is some pics one of the teacher / counselors sent d-in-love today and it looks like he was having a wonderful time and making new friends.

It is a 3 day, 2 night camp and g-son was so excited about getting to go alone.
As this week after vacation and the first week of hubbie's retirement ends I think back over all the activity and an so thankful for the health of hubbie and I and for the strength He gives us each day.
I haven't seen any evidence of the adjustment to hubbie's retirement that everyone talked about having to deal with yet but we haven't had a chance to slow enough to even get any house cleaning done this week much less get bored with each other !!!
I'll end this day with another beautiful smile from this sweetie, thanks g-daughter I for the happy face.

I am very thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love and grace of my Heavenly Father.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: