Thursday, August 31, 2017

RAINY MARKET DAY

Up an off to market this morning on a cloudy very humid day.
Market was okay today but the threat of rain and gas shortages have taken a tole on folks traveling for sure.
Hubbie stayed and took over the business at 11:00 while I went to g-daughter R's orientation at her new pre-school. She is switching to MCCS which is Mud Creek Christian School so she can go 5 days a week and it's more of a teaching / learning environment instead of just playing  / babysitting.
However she loved the old school so much that we waiting to make sure she likes this new school before we actually take her out of the old one. In this new school she has 9 other 1 year olds in her class. Since her birthday is in September she is the oldest in there but most of the others can walk and they were mostly all about the same size.
She went into the classroom and started playing and cried when we had to leave.
The teachers seemed really nice so I think she will be fine with the move. G-daughter went home with mom and other g-ma.
I made it back to the market  around noon .
Hubbie left to take our trash and recyclables to the dump. At our landfill you can take trash free if you have the same amount of recyclables.  Free is good !!!   And I like feeling like we are helping the future environment by recycling.
He also stopped by Sam's Club for our weekly supplies.
Harvey has arrived in our town !!!!
I cringed as I loaded my Honda this afternoon when an elderly lady came across the parking lot wading through the water and complained about the water going over the soles of her sandals and wetting her feet. I bit my tongue and held back the urge to scream at her for complaining about an inch of standing water with  what just happened in Texas where feet of water has inundated and damaged almost 90,000 homes and some folks are still being plucked from their rooftops !!!!!!!!

I made regular bank,PO, Aldi and Walmart stops in the pouring rain on my way home. I got home about 3:30 and hubbie helped me unload. I grabbed a snack, changed out of my wet shirt and headed out to school to take care of g-daughter I while daughter kept score in the JV volleyball game.
G-daughter I is becoming a regular fan of all the action.
Unfortunately North lost in 2 sets tonight to West Henderson High School.
We left after the game and I came home to watch the news and wait for the rain to slack off before doing the chores. Love these ladies as their work goes on rain or shine !!!!
There was 9/10ths inch of rain in the gauge this evening and it was still raining lightly but looked like it was clearing for a while .
With Harvey exiting northward all eyes are turning once again to the Atlantic and Quickly strengthening hurricane Irma.

Who knows where this one will head next ????
Gas shortages are already happening around the area with the shut down of so many refineries around the Houston and other hard hit areas of Texas so it would not be a good thing if this storm heads for the Gulf of Mexico.
Hubbie and I have rested tonight and had a lazy evening to end this busy month of August 2017. This month will always have a special place in the history of our family as well as the history of the country. The decision of g-son to accept God as his Savior and being Baptized on the 20th will forever make this a special month in the family and the total eclipse that crossed the entire country will go down in the history of our country as we watched this event on the 21st from our front yard.
The month started out wonderfully with our vacation at Oak Island beach this year.  When we got home I canned tomatoes ,made salsa and pasta sauce . We made a trip to the Picken's flea market and a trip to the lake with #2 son and Tif in their boat.  We also started our school schedule babysitting of both g-dauhgters which has been interesting on some days and so much fun on others. G-son began his 5th grade year and last year of elementary school.
The month ended with a category 4 hurricane named Harvey slamming into the east coast of Texas and dropping 50 inches of rain in some areas with the worst flooding the country has ever seen.
With the end of August goes the long summer days and relaxing evenings watching the sunset over fields full of green grass and leisurely grazing cattle. Ending are the hot sunny lake days and warm evening walks . Ending is the bountiful garden production of fresh produce and comes the putting away of the canners and canning equipment until next garden season.
August is a special month as it signifies the end of one season and the beginning of another even though Fall actually begins in September when August ends it feels like summer is over .
The weather has been fairly normal but a little cooler than normal for the month.
And it wins the most rain amount for the summer season.
This has been a wonderfully busy month for our family and one full of memories.

I saw this photo tonight and it made me laugh out loud , I hope you get a chuckle out of it also.
Thankful for all my blessings today and remembering that a day hemmed in prayer rarely unravels.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

What a blessed month of August you have had. I love your last photo - it really made me chuckle as there are days I feel that way. Have a wonderful weekend. and God bless.