Wednesday, August 23, 2017

LATE SUMMER BLOOMERS , BACK TO SCHOOL BASH and 1957 BIRTHDAY

Daughter went in to work a little later today as she brought g-daughter I here about 8:00. I did chores then had breakfast.
I love to look around in the mornings at the beautiful late summer blooms around the yard, I think this time of year is as pretty as the spring blooms and these Morning Glories are some of my favorite flowers.


And the Rose of Sharon bushes are still going strong in all their pretty colors.



G-daughter I went back to sleep so hubbie went out to blow the gutters out. We noticed in some of the hard rains we've had lately that they were clogged up sending water over the sides.
I started baking cakes, I baked 12 caramels, 2 chocolate, 4 pound and 1 apple coffee cake.
During my baking I fixed g-daughter I a bottle and hubbie and I tried to get her to drink but still no dice. However she did hold this softer nipple in her mouth without screaming and fighting too much so maybe we are getting there.
Daughter has to go to Mills River to a meeting this afternoon and may not get back until 4:30 so she came by on her way and nursed her so if she doesn't take a bottle this afternoon she won't get too hungry, but that maybe what needs to happen so she will have to take the bottle.
I cleaned the bathrooms while she took her after lunch nap.
Hubbie and I broke all the beans we picked yesterday and got them ready to take to market tomorrow.
She still refused her afternoon feeding but seemed perfectly happy without eating !!! ???
Daughter came in about 4:15 and fed her then they went home. Connie, Josh's mom is keeping her on market day tomorrow, I hope she has some luck with getting her to take a bottle at home.
Since this is almost the end of this month I spent some time this evening searching for the August decade photos. Back in August 1957 my oldest brother turned 1 year old.

Me at 3 years old  and brother at 1 year old ......
I also found this old picture of my Uncle Victor's house in Claremore, Oklahoma where my dad lived for several years helping him on his ranch. Uncle Victor died in October 1950 so this pic was taken several years after his death.

I didn't have time for a long walk this evening with all the weekly paperwork and cakes to ice waiting for me .
I finished the paperwork and then spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting ready for market, finally falling into bed about 1am, whew !!!
I have mixed emotions about my busy season coming to an end but on nights like this one I'm looking forward to a break. But on the other hand I know we need the extra money.
Our church sponsored a "back to school" bash tonight with food and games for all the kids. D-in-love ran the photo booth and said they had a wonderful turnout for the event. All the Glory be to God.
 This is d-in-love on the left with some of the other ladies that helped put the event on. We were going to watch g-daughter R while she was there but #1 son got home from work in time.
This is g-son in the photo booth.
This is a couple of my nephews Easton and Noah in the booth.

This is g-son and Noah.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for His Love and Care as we place our Hope and Prayers in his name.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: