Tuesday, August 22, 2017

FOG IN AUGUST = SNOW IN WINTER ??

G-daughter I was the first to arrive at 7:30 this morning. Just as daughter was leaving g-son and g-daughter R arrived, then #2 son arrived with grand-dog Bear to spend the day here while his house was being shown this morning.A lady I went to school with is looking at his house as she and her husband are retiring and wanted to move back to this area to be half way between their kids and to help with her aging parents who live less than 1/4 mile from #2 son's house.
I did chores and then took g-daughter R to her Tuesday morning play school in town. It is a very foggy August morning today so I expect at least one big snow this winter !!

I stopped back by Walmart to pick up baking supplies. I love shopping this time of day all by myself, it is so much faster without the crowds.
I got home just in time to fix a bottle for g-daughter I but once again she refused to suck any milk from the bottle and after crying and fighting with all her might to keep the nipple out of her mouth she just went back to sleep.
She slept the morning away so she must not have been that hungry.
I did some house cleaning while she slept and hubbie worked in the yard cutting back some limbs that were overhanging one of our out buildings.
I picked up g-daughter R and she went immediately to sleep in her carseat.
We put her to bed when we got home but she only slept about 15 more minutes for a total 30 minute nap !
I fixed lunch for everyone including myself and then fixed another bottle for g-daughter I. I used another bottle that BB used to use and she took it a little better but still only drank about 1 ounce. She doesn't act hungry and doesn't cry except when we try to give her a bottle ????
G-son loves these 2 girls very much.

R found I's bottle and thought it was hilarious when I told her she used to drink from one of those. She loves to wear my rain hat !!!

Daughter came in first today about 3:30 and g-daughter I was definitely ready to nurse. We are going to try some different nipples and see if maybe that will make a difference.
D-in-love came in a little after 4:00 and after a short visit daughter, G-daughter I and I went out to the first home volleyball game of the season. Daughter isn't coaching this year but is going to be the official score keeper for the JV game  so that the regular score keeper can watch her daughter play.
G-daughter I did very good during the game and watched the entire thing with all the noise and excitement not bothering her at all. North JV's won the game in 2 close sets.
We left after that game and I came home to get chores done.
Hubbie was bush hogging the pastures.
I picked the half runner green beans to break and sell at market Thursday. These Mountain Half Runners are really a prolific bearing variety of green beans. I've lost count of how many bushels of beans I have gathered from this one row.

I took a nice walk this evening in a much cooler evening than yesterday. I noticed all the signs of Fall that are beginning to show up.
This is an interesting spider web I saw . I walk through several of these each morning now doing the chores. Whatever spider that built this one sure sent a lot of time on this intricate design.
The Queen of the Meadow or Joe Pye weed is almost finished blooming this year .
There is plenty of Jewel weed blooming around the creek. This is great for keeping poison ivy from breaking out on your skin .
This is a flower that brightens up our pastures every late summer and in some post I have referred to it as Indians Paintbrush and in some Cardinal flower. Since neither of these varieties are native to our area I assumed the seeds have some how washed down the bottoms from some ones purchased flowers. I have decided however that this is a Cardinal Flower from closer looks at the online pics of both. There are only a few of the plants around the bottom pasture and creek bank but they sure are bight spots.
The Millet seed heads outside the Quail cage are starting to dry.
Our farm pond is definitely full pool right now but is loaded with pond scum from all the rains.

Back at the house hubbie and I relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of a wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night





1 comment:

linda m said...

I was going to suggest you try a softer nipple on g-daughtersI's bottle. I had trouble when I was nursing my son and he had to drink from a bottle. He refused until my neighbor put a softer nipple (leftover from her child) on his bottle. He then drank from the bottle with no problem. Blessings