Friday, January 19, 2018

ANOTHER NO SCHOOL DAY

This day got off to a very early start when our security camera dinged at 2am waking both of us out of sound sleeps. This sound usually doesn't wake me up but with Rocky being gone and the hope that this might be him coming home I guess we were both sleeping a little lighter. I picked up my phone and looked at the pic of what was making the noise and was relieved to see Rocky coming up the steps.

Hubbie went up and put him in his lot so we slept well the remainder of the night.
Thankfully we got to sleep in another no school morning today. The roads are still very icy this morning with the temperature hovering in the mid 20's overnight.
I got the chores done and was having breakfast when daughter came by with IR so she could go to work.  D-in-love is taking RL back to the doctor today because she has gotten gradually worse of her sickness all week.
After IR had her breakfast she took a nap and hubbie and I got ready to head into town to get some errands ran.
IR slept through the stop at he vet's office for Bernie meds and the grocery stop at Aldi then woke up while hubbie went into to Sam's Club to get our list from there.
She was happy to get home and get out of the carseat and have a snack cookie.



I got right back in the car and went over to get my "ears lowered" as my dad used to say every time he got a haircut. I had an appointment Wednesday but the snow canceled it so we rescheduled for today and  Marketa did a good job as usual.

Back home daughter came in relieved from closing on her house. She is officially an apartment dweller for the time being.
We took IR in the stroller and helped hubbie unload his truck from yesterday. We still have only a few things in the basement that we need to get stored somewhere and we will be done with this move!
After she left we got the evening chores done in the nice 55 degree sunshine that felt so good after the freezing cloudy days of the past week.
There is still plenty of snow hiding around in the shady areas but with the almost 60 degrees predicted for Sunday I think this all will be history by the first of the week.




Jaxon, the newest winter storm is gearing up to spread snow , ice and rain all across the country but thankfully for us it is all rain with mild temps .

Daughter went out to the 25 year celebration of the "Lady Knight" basketball era tonight at he high school. This is some pics of the girls that made it back to join in the celebration tonight as they were recognized between the games.


These were the girls that played when daughter played , she is the second player standing from left in the gray sweater. The other girls are from left her cousin Lori , daughter, Dena, Coach Moon, Nickie, and Rhondria
Rhondria was one of daughter's best friends all through school and they are still really good friends.
Rhondria was one of daughter's brides maids.

I did my baking tonight as I wanted to see if any orders came in today. I baked 3 caramel,
1 chocolate, 1 pound , 2 breads and a pan of brownies. It is going to be a very nice day tomorrow but the weather folks are saying it could start out icy with freezing drizzle early in the morning so no telling what the sales will be like at market.
Doing both the baking and icing at night reminds me of how I used to do when daughter was home and we were taking turns in the kitchen.
I got things finished up by 11:00 and got into a hot tub to soak my muscles and get ready for a good night's sleep as everything is in it's proper place tonight.
Thankful that daughter's house closing went well and for God's guidance in her next step.
Thankful for all my blessings of this day and for the health that I am blessed with.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: