Friday, January 26, 2018

T. G. I. F. AND 1988 JANUARY

Up at 7am to greet the grand girls one more day this week.
RL was showing the effects of what has seemed to be a long week with having to get back into our regular routine. She didn't eat anything for breakfast but a few blueberries while I did the chores.
She didn't go to sleep on the way to school but was whiny when we got there. She went in and started playing though so I'm sure she will be fine.
I came home and spent the morning cleaning house. Hubbie is coughing worse and doesn't feel good today with a constant headache.
He and IR rode with me back to pick up RL and then we stopped at an Amazon return sales place to pick up daughter a bed rail. I also got a little push toy to help IR walk when she gets a little older.
We made it home for a late lunch and both girls woke up as soon as we got them inside. RL once again refused anything to eat and cried the entire time we ate our lunch with IR having her bottle then watching RL cry.
RL finally settled down and sat in my lap after lunch for a while as if she doesn't feel well.
This is a typical afternoon for us especially Fridays.
Holding a conversation with this one can sometimes be very entertaining !!!!
D-in-love picked up RL who was ready to get home today  and daughter came in and fed and took care of IR while hubbie and I got all our chores done and then she left to go have a date night dinner with son-in-love leaving IR with us for the evening.
I baked cakes while hubbie played with her. She knew things were different this evening and kept looking around as if she knew this wasn't were she normally is this time of day.
I baked 3 caramel, 1 chocolate, 2 pound cakes tonight.
After they picked her up I went back to the kitchen to ice the cakes and then got things ready for market.
Whew this has been a week and I wondered aloud to hubbie earlier this evening why I felt so exhausted and then we remembered that last week we didn't have kids all week and this week we have had kids everyday , even on Thursday so I guess we are feeling the effects also of getting back  into our regular routine.
To finish up the January decade series this is January 1988. We had a huge snow that month .













My uncle and aunt Bob and Carol Warner were visiting from Michigan during the storm. This is uncle Bob's truck and he and hubbie out in the snow with Sugar our St Bernard .
This is my mom and her younger sister Carol.
This is our truck at that time and we are stopped at our rental trailer talking to our renter at that time Rhonda Patterson.
We escaped the cold and snow and spent some time at the resort we had a travel trailer parked in on lake Hartwell near Clemson, SC where there was an inside pool.





One more pic of #1 son missing his 2 front teeth.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and also for the blessing of wonderful memories.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: