Thursday, January 4, 2018

FRIGID COLD MARKET DAY

Up early to greet both g-daughters in the 11 degree windy morning. No going back to bed today and not even time to do my stretching exercises for my siatic nerve which I will probably regret later but all the extra things to do on this cold morning leaves no time for anything extra. I did the chores while hubbie got RL her breakfast. My face hurt from being outside for the 30 minutes it took to get all the animals feed and water for them to try and get a drink before the water froze quickly back into solid ice.
Back inside I got ready for market and we took turns watching the girls and loading the car and getting everything together that we needed to take with us.
I took RL by her pre-school with the snacks for her class today. We were 15 minutes late today and the door was already locked but her teacher saw us through the window and came to let us in.
If it hadn't been for her snack day and me having 3 cakes ordered by customers at market I would surely have been tempted to just hunker down in front of the fire today.
But with 3 layers of clothes on and feeling like a mummy but stating pretty warm I made it to market with IR.
Hubbie was already there and helped get everything inside and set up before we got IR her breakfast and bottle. She is getting more and more independent.


She was a little ill this morning and acted like she didn't feel well, hopefully she just needed a nap.
Connie picked her up about 10:00 and took her home were hopefully she could sleep quietly.
Hubbie left shortly to make his dump run and stop by Sam's Club for groceries.
I had a decent day with the orders being picked up and the egg sales I had.
About noon the timer at market cut the heaters off and it got cold quickly in market so I packed up my things and left with no customers in sight now.
I made stops at the bank, PO, Sav Mor, Aldi, Walmart and the gas station on my way home. We haven't shopped for groceries since before Christmas so we needed to get stocked back up on things for us and the kids to eat.
Hubbie helped me unload and get things put away then daughter came by to pick up her dogs that had stayed here all day while some inspections were done at her house for the buyers.
We rested and watched the early news when she left and then braved the cold again to get the chores done and get everything another drink before they settled down for the night.
When I came inside for the night I felt totally drained like I have done some strenuous work all day today.
I wrapped up in a warm blanket and watched the news and rested for awhile tonight. I looked up at the temperature at 6:30 and it was 14 degrees and I can here things banging around on the porch in the 20mph wind for another frigid night .

Once again I am so thankful for the warmth of a house to spend these nights in.
The school officials have already announced a 2 hour delay for schools tomorrow so we will have a little extra sleep in the morning.
Praying for everyone and everything that is out in this cold night.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Sure hope this frigid weather goes away soon. Our temps are still in the minus zero range. Have a great weekend and stay warm Blessings