Tuesday, January 23, 2018

WARM TUESDAY AND 1968 DECADE PICS

7am seemed to come even earlier this morning. Both girls arrived and we got them set up so RL could eat her breakfast while I did chores.
I emptied 1 inch of rain from the rain gauge this morning after a rainy night. When I went to bed last night the rain was really pouring down so I was curious to see just how much we did get. Glad it was liquid this time around.
I took RL to pre school and she was ready to get in the classroom today wide awake.
I stopped by Staples on my way home to pick up printer ink and them fed IR when I got home and had my breakfast.
I cleaned house and then we left early to pick RL up so we could run some errands on the way. After we picked her up and started home my phone rang with #2 son on the other end. His clutch had fell to floor in his old Ford truck as he pulled out of the wash bay at one of the car washes on the other side of town.
We drove over there and picked him up and took him just up the street to a garage that he gets to do work for him. They said they could fix it today but he would have to have it towed to them . He called a wrecker and we went back to the carwash to wait.
It only took about 20 minutes for the wrecker to get there and he only charged him $40 to haul it just up the street and unload it at the garage.  We took son back to his apartment and dropped him off.
The girls both slept all the time through the entire ordeal.
IR woke up as soon as we tried to get her in the house but RL slept a little longer. We fixed everyone a late lunch and then settled in to play for the afternoon.
It is funny how interactive IR is getting with everything RL plays with.
 2 years old going on 12 years old !!!!
And this one just loves to watch whatever her older cousin is doing .

It was a nice sunny mid 50's day and RL wanted to play outside so I went outside with her while IR took a nap inside with hubbie.
Just a girl and her cat going for a walk !!!
As I walked around the yard I noticed how full of berries this Holly tree is this year.
After their mom's took them home hubbie went to take #2 son to pick up his truck. Lucky for him it was only some bushings that were worn out and he didn't have to have his clutch replaced like he expected.
I did chores and then moved this big pretty rooster in the green house with these ladies since all of a sudden he can't get along with the other rooster he grew up with.

The wind is really blowing tonight making the 30's temps feel really cold and we are supposed to have mid 20's temps by morning, uuuhhh !!!
We had some snow back in January of 1968 as this picture of the pond my dad built and the road that runs by our house shows.
I was sewing and making most of my clothes in those days and this is a vest and skirt I had made that month.
It's funny when I look at these pictures with my hair straight and wonder how long it took me to get my very curly hair to look like that ???
Thankful for the blessings of the day and for the grace of a Wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night.





1 comment:

linda m said...

Busy day for you. Your hair style when you were younger looks very much like how I wore my hair back in the 50's and early 60's. Blessings