Friday, January 12, 2018

RAIN , RAIN AND MORE RAIN

Up to greet the girls on another really rainy morning but it is 56 degrees at 7:30 !!
I got a good soaking while getting the morning chores done. I dumped 9/10ths inch of rain from the gauge this morning from the overnight bringing the total so far from this storm to 2.15 inches.
I did hubbie's morning outside duties also because he can't talk this morning with this crap we have been fighting all week. We are hoping he just has laringitis . My head is still stopped up and now my ears feel like they are filled with the crap that has been running down the back of my throat.
I took RL to pre-school and had to carry her in sound asleep ,and she was in one of her stupors where she just stood and looked around like she was trying to figure out where she was when the teacher put her down in the classroom.
I came home through the pouring rain and had my breakfast then fixed a crying really ill IR her breakfast. She thankfully must just have been really hungry because after she had her cereal and bottle she was fine and in a much better mood .
I did housework all morning while hubbie fixed the screen on the green house door. I need to finish cleaning it out and get the chickens moved into it today before the cold temps set in for the week.
I picked up RL at noon as her other g-ma who's Friday this is has the flu. She ate her chicken nuggets before she conked out on the ride home through still more rain.
IR was already fast asleep when we got home and hubbie carried RL in and layed her on the couch.
We had our lunch and then hubbie sat with the girls while I went up to the greenhouse to finish cleaning it out and put up some gates so the chickens wouldn't get in certain places.
I put the chickens in there and they sure acted happy to be in a bigger area. I put the 5 dominecker cross pullets in there along with the 7 roosters out of the same breed and hatch. I have  the roosters advertised for sale but so far no takers. Later next week if no one buys them we will put them in our freezer.
I came back inside to the girls just waking up about 2:30. I fed IR her bottle and got RL some snacks.
I just love to sit back some days and watch the interaction between these three grandchildren. I really hope they always remain close.





Daughter came in and fed IR then she and #1 son went out to the moving truck rental place to pick up her 16 ft. moving truck. They took it to her house and backed it up to the garage door so her and son-in-love can load some things in it tonight and be ready when #1 son gets there in the morning to help finish loading it carry everything up to their 2nd story apartment.
IR went to sleep for another nap so hubbie and I got our outside work done while she slept.
When I went out the rain was still falling but by the time I finished there was the end of a rainbow showing out from under the clouds in the eastern sky.
And the western horizon was starting to get lighter .
Daughter came back to pick IR up and had to wait for her to wake up before they headed home.
Hubbie is trying to do everything we can think of to get his voice back but nothing seems to be working. I have a really badly stopped up ear and a swollen, sore gland in that side of my throat so I may stop by the minute clinic tomorrow to get some medicine.  Grrrrr I hate being sick !!!!
I baked 2 pound cakes tonight for market tomorrow but I am expecting a very slow day with the cold and windy weather that is moving in tonight. I emptied another 1.5 inches from the rain gauge tonight to bring the total for this storm to 3.65 inches .
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love and care of a Faithful Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.





No comments: