Wednesday, January 31, 2018

GOOD BYE JANUARY

This last day of January 2018 started early with the arrival of both g-daughters. After we got them settled in I went outside to get the chores done. An 18 degree temp meant more ice breaking and longer chore time.
I took RL to her preschool and was surprised at how many icy spots were still on many of the roads I traveled.
After I dropped her off I stopped in the co-op to check to see if they had gotten their Elderberry extract in yet. The girl working there took my name and number and promised a call when it came in but for some reason she didn't sound very sincere.
Thankfully I stopped because they had a shelf nicely restocked of it and I bought 2 bottles, enough to get me through this winter and to have a spare in case I need more at a different time.
I only take about a tablespoon a day but this stuff seems to boost my immunity .
I got home just in time to feed IR as she isn't feeling well at all this morning with a nasty cough and no appetite.

I took her temp under her arm and it was 99.8 so I gave daughter a call. She called the doctor and they made an appointment for 1:40 to give her a flu test to make sure if she does have the flu they can treat it early.
I changed out all the furniture covers and vacuumed this morning. I also did another load of end of the month laundry.
Daughter came after IR and then hubbie and I collected all the trash and recyclables to do the dump run today since we needed to go to Walmart anyway.
Daughter met us at Walmart and we picked up a vaporizer for IR who thankfully doesn't have the flu but probably just a cold virus and has two more teeth popping through.
We also picked up some shelves for Re that were too big for her SUV and delivered them to her house on the way home.
We rested for about an hour before chore time when we got home and got things put away.
After chore time we loaded up all Re's hens that have stayed with us the past year and took them back to her along with an extra rooster I had.
When we got home we set out the live trap in the big hen lot because we think we have another egg thief in there and set up the game camera in the back yard because the security camera caught an intruder last night that we can't figure out what is since the picture isn't  very clear.
The temperature got up to 49 degrees today but we are expecting another mid 20's night to end this month.
The first month of 2018 has been a definite wintry one this year with very cold temps beginning the month. We started this year as always with the family here for our traditional ham hock, black eyed peas, collard greens and corn bread lunch for health , wealth and luck in this new year.
We had to help daughter and son-in-love move out of their house before their closing date of the 19th of the month.
We had extra kids many days as schools were closed several times with icy roads and a snow that stayed for almost a week with extremely cold temps.
We also had a near flooding rain and high winds that knocked out power to many in the county but fortunately we kept ours.
All three grand kids have fought sickness most of the month along with most of us adults as we seemingly keep passing things around.
#2 son and Tif have tentatively found a new house that is just being built up on Davis Mountain on the other side of town but are waiting for it to be finished to make a final decision.
Daughter and son-in-love have got settled into the 1 bedroom apartment they rented and are still looking at modular home prices.
I got elected to the 5 member board of control at the Curb Market and was elected secretary by my four fellow board members.
We ended the month being treated by daughter and son-in-love to a trip to Clemson to watch UNC play Clemson in basketball.
The month also ended with a huge triple event moon.


Thankful that God blessed our family with another month of grace and love and we look forward to what He has in store for us in February and beyond.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: