Saturday, January 13, 2018

COLD MARKET DAY AND MORE MOVING FOR DAUGHTER

Up to freezing cold temps at 22 and cold wind making it feel like below zero as I head out to get the chores done. Back to breaking ice and hoping things get a drink before the water re-freezes.
We made it to market on time today but there was no one there to notice. However I did manage to have a decent day thankfully with several folks picking up cakes for birthdays. Speaking of birthdays I made a cake delivery to Sunny Brook rest home after I left market to Doris Henderson who used to be one of my best customers before she had an accident and couldn't take care of herself anymore. Her birthday was last week and she wanted one of my granny pound cakes to take to a late celebration. It was good to see her looking so good and healthy.
I left there and stopped by daughter's new apartment. Hubbie , #1 son and g-son were helping her and son-in-love move today. She is closing on her house this coming Friday and they needed to move today because they have to go to son-in-love's uncle's funeral tomorrow and then work all week. They got all their big stuff moved today. I took care of g-daughter IR while they unloaded their last load of the day and then hubbie came home and I went to Ingles to pick up a few groceries we were out of.
I got home at 4:30 and we got unloaded and got things put away with a few minutes left to rest before chore time.
Chores were back to breaking more ice and carrying more fresh water . I cleaned out the box that I just moved the 5 pullets out of yesterday. I need it to dry out so it can be ready for use when my Silkies start to set.
Hubbie and I got back inside out of the 21 degree temps and enjoyed sitting in front of the fire tonight and watching a UNC / Notre Dame basketball game which UNC won.
We have burned fires in both woodstoves this year more than any year in recent memory. I can sit and watch the flames instead of watching the TV. They are hypnotizing to me and so relaxing.
Tif's mail jeep's brakes went out on her mail route on Sugarloaf Mountain this afternoon and she had to park it in someone's driveway. #2 son drove it here off the mountain tonight so he could work on it tomorrow. He is going to miss his carport when he has to get out in the mid 30's high predicted tomorrow and roll around on the cold ground to work on her jeep.
We have had a relaxing evening. I am thankful my earache has stopped and hubbie seems to be kicking his laryngitis. 
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: