Wednesday, January 24, 2018

HONDA TO THE SHOP AND 1978 JANUARY

Up to greet both g-daughters at 7am today. We got them settled for breakfast and then I went outside to get the morning chores done.
There is ice on the waterers again but at least it is thin breakable ice.
Back inside I got RL ready for pre-school and she went skipping in this morning like she finally is feeling better of her ear infections and maybe her system is getting used to the strong antibiotics she is taking.
I came home for my breakfast and then called the Honda place to get an appointment later today to have my oil changed and tires rotated as my dashboard has been telling me to have done for the past month !! But I still was on 10% of my oil usage so I was waiting as long as I could but I had a coupon for over $20 off that expires on Feb 1.
I made an appointment for 2:00.
I worked on cleaning my office until hubbie went to get a haircut and then I played with IR while he was gone.
We had lunch then gave IR her bottle before we headed over to Apple Tree Honda in Arden.
IR was great the hour wait we had as we strolled around and checked out all the new cars.

Moving kept her happy and I got my step goal in so it was a win for both of us.
After the work was done on the Honda we stopped by the Aldi store that is in Arden and it made me wish this store was closer to home so I could shop here because it wasn't nearly as crowded as the one here in town and the aisle were much wider and things were so easy to see.
We made it home just as daughter got here from picking up a TV she had worked on. After she took IR home hubbie and I did evening chores and then I divided the evening into paying bills and weekly paperwork and baking and icing cakes. I baked 3 caramel, 1 chocolate, 1 pound and 1 pan of brownies. I got things ready for market and made it to bed about midnight. This post is, as usual being written on Thursday.
IR on the left and her dad at about the same age on the right !!!!
Back in January of 1978 I lived alone in a single wide trailer on property that my dad gave me and I had 2 little miniature poodles to keep me company. This white male was name Jacque. I adopted him from a local shelter after he was turned in when his owner died.
And this little silver female was named Ginger and I can't recall where I got her. I bred them one time and they had one little white puppy. I can't recall what I did with the puppy either.

When I got married I had to give these to my mother because they were so jealous of hubbie. 
Also that January I worked at Ball Brother's glass company on swing shifts. A group of us friends from work spent a lot of time on the ski slopes that year. I wasn't a very good skier !!!
I had a 1975 Volkswagon beetle that I had bought new and drove it back and forth in the snow and never missed a day of work that month when it snowed.




My dad and mom lived on a steep hill and this was their driveway during this deep snow.
We also had a major flood that January that washed the pasture fences away.



Jacque and Ginger view the flood waters from my front yard.
Like this year the 1978 January was filled with all kinds of weather and as we get ready for more rain this weekend and then back really cold and maybe snow the first of the week I will be kind of glad to see the month of January leave.

I am thankful for this days blessings  and for the mercy of safe travel each time I get on the road.
God Bless and Good Night.






1 comment:

M.E. Masterson said...

When I was young, I owned a few VW bugs and beetle. Loved my cars! Buzzed right through the snows!