Monday, January 1, 2018

WELCOME 2018

A new dawn ,a new day, a new month, a new year !!!!   Happy New Years Day 2018 !!!

A cold cold 12 degree morning to welcome in the new year made chore time interesting once again. At least the sun is shining today but the ice of last night is still evident all around.

We came inside and started our New year's Day traditional lunch of ham hock, collard greens and blackeyed peas with cornbread on the side.
I started weekly laundry and then took some Christmas decorations down.
#2 son and Tif and #1 son's family were our only guest at lunch as daughter and son-in-love had more ice and snow than we did here and their roads were still too slick to venture out on.
The lunch turned out really good and everyone ate their fill before heading off to their own task for the day.
Hubbie and I got all my plastic containers out of the storage shed to put the Christmas decorations in and then he went to help #2 son get his new washer and dryer up to his apartment.  Lowes was supposed to have delivered them last Saturday and then again today but when he called they said it would be Jan 7th before they could get them delivered so he went and got them. I wonder what happened to Lowes delivery promise ????
While hubbie was gone I finished the 3rd load of laundry and took more decorations down. The wind is starting to blow outside and it is really getting extremely cold. I got all the animals some fresh water and more food to give them a little boost for the frigid night ahead. 
I saw the supper moon starting to rise through the trees on my way back inside this evening.

2018 contains two "supermoons" and they are both in January. This first one is called the "Wolf Moon" .
Praying for all the animals and people that are outside tonight as the wind gust making the 11 degrees at 10:30 feel like well below 0 chill factor out there.
Thankful for the opportunity to see a year end and another one begin. I know that God will have His will in all things this year and I am looking forward to seeing what He has in store for me and my family.
God Bless, Happy New Year and Good Night.



1 comment:

linda m said...

That super moon last night sure was beautiful Happy New Year to you and your family. Blessings