Sunday, January 21, 2018

RESTFUL SUNDAY AND A 1898 BIRTHDAY

A comfortably warm Sunday morning chore time at 36 degrees. However there was a thin layer of ice on the water pans from the overnight below freezing temps.
After chores I had breakfast then hubbie and I mixed potatoes, onions and carrots with the beef stew that had been cooking all night in the crock pot.
He also made a pan of cornbread so things would be ready to eat as soon as everyone gets here after church.
We had a good church service this morning and it is as always great to catch up with all the neighbors in church.
We came home to a lunch with everyone except Tif as she was working delivering packages today.
All the kids got along very well today even these two who are usually at odds with whatever the other one is playing with !!
After everyone left hubbie and I relaxed for the afternoon. I was expecting a sunny warm afternoon to call me outside but instead we got a warm, humid  cloudy afternoon that wasn't inviting at all so we took advantage and just rested to get ready to get back in the routine this week.
Daughter's family got back from their weekend at Great Wolf Lodge and g-daughter IR decided today she did like playing in the water.



 She is so good when they travel and is always so happy !!!
This is a good time to begin my decade post for the xxx8 years . Starting with an uncle that I never knew birthday on January 3,1898.
Homer was my dad's closest brother and I heard my dad tell many many stories of the adventures that he and Homer had in their younger days.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the church family that I know will always be with me in all that I do.
God Bless and Good Night