Monday, January 8, 2018

SCHOOLS CLOSED MONDAY WAITING FOR THE ICE STORM

When my phone dinged early this morning with a notice that schools were closed today I was expecting to see snow or ice when it got daylight but saw nothing on the ground and only a cloudy day. At least it was already above freezing at 36 degrees when I went out to do the chores.
Of course all the water was still frozen but I have hopes that what I gave them this morning won't refreeze  today.
Back inside I had breakfast and then I got weekly laundry started. Hubbie went out to work in his wood pile and I finished doing some winter decorating around the house. I meant to gather some of my Magnolia tree leaves in for Christmas decorations but never got around to it so I thought I would use these for at least January décor.

D-in-love brought the kids up and had lunch of yesterday's left-overs and then daughter and IR came in also. We had a nice visit until RL needed to go home for her afternoon nap.
IR just wanted to bounce and watch cartoons and didn't like being interrupted for a picture !!!
After they left hubbie had to make a run to Home Depot for a commode part that broke on one of our toilets this morning and I finished the laundry while he was gone. We got some more little jobs done around the house this afternoon.
At chore time a fine mist of rain had started for the first falling weather of the day but thankfully the temperature was 45 degrees.
All the chicken water wasn't frozen but several of them were empty as if the chickens made up for not getting enough to drink the last week of below freezing temps.
I had an idea while I was doing the chores that I can clean out my old green house and turn it into a winter time chicken coup. It would get too hot in the summer but it would make a nice warm place for my younger pullets this winter. That is on my to do list for hopefully tomorrow !!
I came inside to relax for the evening to get ready to get back on schedule tomorrow.
Lots of folks were giving the school officials heck for calling off school today but I'm thankful they chose to err on the side of caution as in some places traveling on ice covered roads created night mares. Our air was just so dry none of the moisture reached the ground here.
Thankful for the blessings of today and for the wonderful love and grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Better safe than sorry. Blessings