Sunday, January 28, 2018

QUIET RAINY SUNDAY

A rainy Sunday morning made me want to snuggle down under the warm covers for as long as I dared today.
The chickens looked like they would have liked to stay in their warm houses also so they weren't too upset with my lateness.
Back inside we got ready for church.
It was good to catch up with church family and the sermon was good on who we tried to please more man of God ??
We came home to a lunch of smoked butt from the freezer from our last smoking with green beans, baked beans, corn, mashed potatoes, slaw and toasted cheese bread.
Everyone made it to lunch today and we all had a great visit except d-in-love who had to leave early and take a sleeping RL home for a nap.
After everyone left hubbie and I vegged out for a rainy Sunday afternoon. I know I will probably regret that 30 minute nap but it felt so good to snuggle down under a heavy warm blanket on the couch and snooze listening to the rain on the roof.
Chores were done in a steady downpour of rain and there was an additional almost 9/10ths inch of rain in the gauge from this cold front passing through.
After we came inside we snacked for supper then watched the news and a Clemson /Georgia Tech basketball game which Clemson won by 2 points.
This has been a really quiet Sunday evening and I am grateful for the blessings of the day.
God Bless and Good Night.