Friday, January 5, 2018


Another single digit with chill factor at minus 10 degrees this morning for the coldest morning so far of this cold snap.
School was on a 2 hour delay so the girls didn't get here until 8:00 this morning.
After they were dropped off  I went out to do the chores . D-in-love sent this picture that I can sure relate to every time I get out in the cold to carry water and get feed to the chickens it describes how I feel like I look !!!

I had breakfast and then fed IR her breakfast and bottle while RL ate everything that wasn't nailed down in the kitchen this morning.
Since RL's pre-school is also on a 2 hour delay and by the time I drive her there and drive to pick her up it's only about an hour we decided just to keep her here today out of the cold.
Hubbie and I both took turns with the girls this morning they were fine. RL even let IR get a short nap while she rested in Hubbie's lap.

After lunch they both took long naps that gave me time to bake cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate and a pan of brownies.
IR woke up first and was quiet enough to let RL get almost a 2 hour nap in.
It was fun to watch them after their naps and how they played.
RL loves to sit on this seat and play as she watches the birds out the window.
Hubbie had two cheer leaders each time he opened the stove to add wood.
These two are already so fond of each other it is so sweet to watch them interact.

And guess who has her first tooth !!!!  IR has been fussy this week and had a really red butt today but these were the only minor symptoms and the reason daughter discovered tonight was a first tooth.
After they all left today hubbie and I did chores and then came inside to have a quick supper before hubbie headed over to daughters to help get some furniture loaded for storage at son-in-love's sisters house. She has an unfinished upstairs and said they could put some things up there to save them the cost of a storage unit. Hubbie , #2 son and Tif  all went over tonight to load a trailer to haul down there tomorrow. He got home around 9:30.
While he was gone I got all the cakes iced and got things ready for market tomorrow.
Thankful for kids who help each other and for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: