Wednesday, July 17, 2019

APPOINTMENTS DOWN THE MOUNTAIN TODAY

Up this morning to get chores done. I have started leaving the doors open to all the chicken houses at night because it gets hot so early in the mornings now .
They seem to be doing fine and are all going into the houses to roost at night. The last time I tried leaving the doors open some of the hens decided the bushes and tree limbs were better places to roost.
I lost 3 more guinea keets overnight but the remainder seem to be doing okay.

I came inside and had my breakfast of fresh peaches and oatmeal.
I got my baking started early since we have a trip to make this afternoon. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and a pan of brownies.
Son-in-love went with daughter and CA to the cardiologist this morning and IR stayed with us. IR and hubbie played outside most of the morning as that is what she wanted to do.
Daughter came here for lunch after the appointment. This was an early appointment requested by the pediatrician yesterday and with the third doctor in this group who had never seen CA before, her regular doctor, Friedman is on vacation this week. The new doctor says he thinks the surgery is going to be necessary to pull CA out of her funk but will need another heart ultrasound next week and a meeting with the other doctors to come up with a final plan. They would like for her to weigh 11 lbs before the surgery to reduce the chance of complications post surgery but to get her to that would require a feeding tube for awhile. She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz today.
After we all had lunch we headed down the mountain to Columbus where daughter has a dentist appointment and I have an insurance appointment to get a drug plan to go with my medicare supplement.
There was some road construction on the way down the mountain but thankfully we got through and made it early for both appointments.
It came a rain storm while we waited for my appointment but passed quickly and things went right on time from then on. After I was finished and daughter finished her appointment with good news of no cavities  we shopped in the thrift shop in town where I lucked up and found a pair of crutches that fit me since I still need them when I get up to use the bathroom at night and it is almost time to turn my borrowed ones back in.
We came back up the mountain with no trouble on the roads and got home about 4:00.
It was raining when we got here so daughter took a nap with CA and IR played in the playroom quietly.
I did my ironing for the week and then got the weekly paperwork and bill paying done.
Daughter left at supper time to get home and to meet son-in-love who had worked late tonight.
At chore time I noticed the tall Crepe Myrtle bush loaded with heavy blooms in the back yard.
I also am proud of the Coleus that I got at the FFA plant sale at the highschool as they are so pretty this year.

I don't know what these are called but they have bloomed all summer.
There was 7/10ths inch of rain in the gauge here from a rain that happened while we were gone today.
Tonight was a busy night with getting everything iced and ready for market tomorrow.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying hard for CA .
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: