Saturday, July 27, 2019

SELL OUT MARKET DAY AND BEACH TRIPS BEGIN

Up to get to market this morning. I didn't sleep well last night I think I missed having IR in the bed with us !!
We got things done and made it to market on time today. Business was very good today and I sold completely out of everything I had by 1:30.
Hubbie had left at noon to get home and mow the lawn and I left after I sold everything and made a stop at Aldi and Ingles for baking supplies and groceries on the way home.
Hubbie helped me get unloaded and get things put away then he went back to working on the lawn mower and I took a break to watch some dark clouds to see if they were going to bring rain.
The rain passed us by so I went up to the garden to pull up and pick the final beans from the bush beans. This is an easy way to pick beans for sure.
 And the chickens appreciated all the vines for their green treat of the day.
I was hoping to have enough bush beans for some more Dilly beans but there wasn't very many beans on them at all and we also picked the Greasy Back beans and only got maybe enough for one canner full of canned beans.
This has been a funny gardening year so far as our cucumbers and summer squash have been prolific and the bell peppers and early potatoes are really doing good but the green beans aren't having a good year and the vines are starting to get lots of yellow leaves on them.
Hubbie is going to spray them tomorrow in hopes of getting more production from them.
We broke the beans we picked as we grilled some brats and squash and corn for our supper.
I got chores done and came inside to catch up my blog post since with all the things going on this week I have gotten behind on posting .
Daughter's family left this morning for their yearly beach vacation as the cardiologist told them there was no reason not to go and I think they both needed a break from things, especially daughter who has spent the last three days in a hospital room. 
IR likes the sand on the beach but not the ocean water so far and CA who made the trip easily by drinking the entire bottle both feedings on the way there to avoid using her feeding tube.





#1 son's family and Aa's family also left today for the beach but they are going to Isle of Palms for a week. Hubbie and I are going to meet them there on Monday and stay through Thursday .
It is a much shorter drive to Isle of Palms than it was to Carolina Beach where daughter's family is and they are there with one of son-in-love's brothers and his family.
Thankful for safe travel for all the family today and praying for us as we travel on Monday.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: