Wednesday, July 10, 2019

IR TAKES A TURN AT THE DOCTOR

Up early this morning to clouds and muggy air . I got chores done and had breakfast then started my baking. I baked 12 caramel and 2 pound cakes before I had to shut the ovens down and go to a meeting with my insurance agent.
He found a great low cost medicare supplement plan for me thankfully. I had to cut the meeting short and hurry over to meet daughter at the pediatrician's office this time for IR . She has been limping and walking on her toes and the side of one of her feet since Sunday and it has gotten progressively worse so she is seeing the doctor this afternoon at 2:20.
Daughter and I arrived at the same time so we got both girls in and were right on time. We went back into an exam room and waited for over an hour for the doctor. We weighed CA and she weighed 7 lbs and 11 oz which is right on the track her cardiologist wants her to be.
IR was good and patiently waited for the doctor.

We went from the doctor's office to the hospital for x-rays and then back to the doctor's office before heading home to wait for a call to see if the x-ray showed anything.
The call came shortly and IR has a "buckle fracture" in her fibia bone down close to her ankle.
She is being referred to Mission pediatric orthopedics in Asheville and they will call to set up an appointment in the morning.
I got chores done then baked 2 more pound cakes and a pan of brownies while I got my icing started.
I spent the entire evening in the kitchen icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Hubbie is going with daughter if the appointment in Asheville is in the morning and I will handle things at market on my own.
G-son was continuing his fun at the youth Journey camp in Georgia today as they all went out on a boat to ride tubes. G-son is on the left smiling.
Thankful for the blessings of the day and thankful that IR's leg is a minor fracture.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: