Saturday, July 6, 2019

BUSY MARKET SATURDAY

Up to get chores done and get to market on time this morning. Market was really busy early today and I sold very good all day. Daughter and her family came for a while and #2 son came in for a visit since we haven't seen him since he got back from Montana.
Everyone was glad to see CA looking a little better today and she was really awake and alert for a long time while she was there. IR did her normal visiting with all the vendors and Sue the manager then she got tired and they all left so she could get a nap.
Hubbie stayed and helped the entire day today business was so good. He left to go by Sam's Club ad Walmart and I left to pick up groceries and baking supplies at Aldi. Daughter ordered us each a set of these bags that fit in the cart here and they worked great and the cashier put the things back in them.
One of the bags is even a cooler bag.I waited out a very heavy rain storm before I went out to get in my car. I still got pretty wet in the lighter rain getting things loaded in my Honda but these bags helped save a lot of time.
I headed home and got here right behind hubbie. We went ahead and unloaded in the rain because the radar didn't show the rain ending before over an hour.
We got things all put away and then I put away some clothes and rested while we watched the news.
When we got out to get chores done we saw the damage the storm did to our 2 rows of Indian corn. This is why we stopped planting corn in our garden several years ago.
 Hubbie said it looks like 2 giant caterpillars as it was all blown flat. The bigger squash plants were blown around but I don't think anything else was damaged. I didn't notice the high winds but they may have come before we got home.

After chores I moved the 6 Araucana pullets in the big lot with the other new pullets of this year and the older hens.
I also moved some of the bigger chicks from the 1 brooder box that is still in use to the Silkie lot that is netted.
I left the 4 guineas and a couple of smaller black Silkies in the box for a few more days.
I was after dark getting in the house.
I caught up my blog post and headed to bed.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

2 comments:

Granny_J said...

I would love to know the name and source for the shopping bags.

Tracy said...

They are Lotus bags... here is the link ��
https://www.lotustrolleybag.com/