Monday, July 22, 2019

GREEN BEAN MONDAY

Up early to greet g-son and RL as d-in-love gets to work at 7:00. The kids both almost went back to sleep this morning after a long weekend.
I got chores done with a little shadow who wanted to hold all the chickens.



I went back in the house to have my breakfast leaving her to help Pawpaw pick some blueberries for our cereal and oatmeal.
After we all had breakfast hubbie and the kids went up to the shed to put together the new swing set I bought and I stayed inside to get laundry started and can the green beans we picked and broke yesterday.
I spent all morning canning 14 quarts of delicious Greasy Back beans.

Each year I hold my breath and figure I will have to go purchase a new pressure canner as the one I have used all my life was handed down not from my mother but from my dad's wife before  he married my mom. This wife died in 1951 so this canner has to be from the 40's or maybe 30's or even earlier as who knows if it was new when she used it. But today just like all the other years as far back as I can remember this old canner sprang to life without even a seal adjustment and worked like a charm.  They sure don't make things today that would last this long and work this well.
I did 3 loads of laundry in between the canning.
Daughter came over and brought IR to play with RL for a while this afternoon.
CA also got some attention.
We were going on a walk but the rainy afternoon changed out plans.  Daughter took IR and CA home to hopefully get naps and d-in-love came after g-son and RL. 
Hubbie and I watched the news and did chores a little early to avoid the heavier rain that was headed our way.
Hubbie even got some rototilling done around the new cabbage and broccoli plants a neighbor gave us last week.
A welcome cool front is working it's way into our area overnight making it feel like Fall for a few days.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and continuing to pray for CA and a good doctor's report on Wednesday.
God Bless and Good Night







1 comment:

linda m said...

You are so fortunate to have such a treasure in that old canner. Today's pressure cookers just don't last that long anymore - I think most products are built to self destruct after so many years just so we have to buy a new one. Blessings