Wednesday, July 3, 2019

GOOD REPORT FROM CARDIOLOGIST FOR CA

Up earlier today to get chores done and greet BB and EL who are staying here while Re goes to a doctor appointment in Asheville.
We all had breakfast and then EL watched some shows on TV while BB and hubbie did some lego construction.
I baked 6 caramel cakes to get a jump on this Saturday's orders. I am not going to market tomorrow since the last time July 4th was on a Thursday market day business was at a stand still with all the other activities going on around town. I would rather spend it with my family anyway.
Most of the customers who have called for cakes on Thursday said they could wait until Saturday anyway.
I feel like I need to take a more relaxed attitude toward my business right now and enjoy my kids and grandkids more every time I get a chance.
Re came back to pick up her kids and daughter brought IR and picked me up about the same time. We are leaving early to go by her OB doctor's office to pick up some papers and I need to go pick up some cholesterol supplements that I can only find at a place in south Asheville on our way to the nutritionist appointment.
We ran into some traffic and didn't get to pick up my supplements but they can wait . We met with the nutritionist for an hour and she had some good ideas for daughter to try to help CA eat more and better.
Although she was pretty happy with her weight gain over the last week and said hopefully she has topped the mountain she has been climbing and will now gain normally.
The nutritionist office was next door to the cardiologist so we made it right on time for that appointment.
The cardiologist said he was "ecstatic" when he saw the weight on the scale !!!
He was happy with her overall progress and decided for the time being to leave her on the heart meds unless her lab work shows something unexpected on Friday when we go in for that.
If her labs check out okay she gets a week without doctor appointments next week for the first time in her short life.

We left there, made a stop at Starbucks for a celebratory frappucinno and came home. CA does not like riding in her carseat and let us know loudly of her discontent all the way home.
The clouds banked around all evening in both the eastern and western sky but we got chores done with only a few drops of rain.
As I came inside tonight I had to stop and admire these flowers from the school's plant sale. I planted 4 small Aster plants that looked really punny and I really didn't expect them to make I and they are so pretty now.
And these double Petunias are really out doing themselves right now even with the little rain we have had.
By the looks of the western sky we have a good chance for some much needed rain this evening.
 Not a hint of blue in the western sky.
I came inside and had a slice of watermelon and then iced the 6 caramel cakes I made this morning. We finally got a little light shower of rain about bedtime tonight so maybe some more will follow overnight.
Humbly grateful for the good report for CA today and thanking the Lord for holding her in His loving care for 6 weeks now.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: