Friday, July 12, 2019

BUSY BAKING FRIDAY

Up this Friday morning to chores and breakfast before hubbie and I headed out to make our weekly Sam's Club shopping trip. We also stopped in Walmart for some baking supplies on our way home.
We had picked up several things for daughter and stopped at d-in-love's house to drop them off to her since all the kids were there swimming.
Addie, EL, BB, RL, IR and CA were all there with their mom's .
Thankfully RL was playing with IR on the deck since she surely can't get in the pool now with her big boot even if she wanted to.

Hubbie and I came home and then while I had lunch hubbie went to get a haircut from the local barber shop.
After I listened to the news I decided I had better pick my bush green beans to make Dilly beans from before the expected storms arrive.
I took an extra swing we had down to d-in-love's and BB wanted to come home with me to help me pick beans.  I never turn down bean picking help !!
I used my Mother's Day gift of a movable garden cart to sit on to pick the beans and it made picking them so much easier and quicker.  BB enjoyed pushing me along the row and he did help pick some beans.
Hubbie came home and went to check out what Rocky the dog was barking at and found this almost 5 1/2 foot Rat Snake coiled outside his fence . Since it was a huge snake and very close to my chicken tractors that I have been missing eggs out of he had to be eradicated.
BB was very afraid of the snake .
Hubbie hurriedly helped me gather the remaining produce from the garden as the clouds grew darker and darker.

Re picked up BB to go home for naps and hubbie and I came inside .
I baked cakes as the rain began. I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound cakes , 1 blackberry wine and a pan of brownies.
The rain left another 3/4 inch in the gauge and thankfully the wind and thunder and lightening stayed away from our area.
We got evening chores done and I finished the day in the kitchen icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
G-son came home from Youth Journey camp today completely worn out and slept the afternoon away. He said he had a very good time. That is him on the far right with the Preacher Craig's arm around his neck.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: