Wednesday, July 24, 2019

CA BACK IN HOSPITAL AND 1959 BIRTHDAY

U p early to meet IR as daughter dropped her off on the way to take CA to the cardiologist
appointment at 9:30 this morning. Son-in-love is meeting them there so I am staying home and getting my baking started.
I got chores done and we all had breakfast then hubbie and IR went outside to play while it's still cool.
I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and a pan of brownies.
I got a surprise call from daughter just before noon saying she was on her way to admit CA to Mission hospital. The cardiologist didn't want to wait any longer since she only weighed 7 lbs 13 ozs on his scales this morning.
He wanted her to have the feeding tube and he was calling the Charlotte hospital to go ahead and get her on the calendar for heart surgery to close the hole.
I got my last cakes out of the ovens and hubbie, IR and I headed over to the hospital.
There was a team of professionals observing CA as she took her bottle when we got there and I could tell by their actions she wasn't doing very well eating and swallowing. They had her almost sitting straight up to keep her heart rate from jumping around while she sucked the bottle.
Son-in-love came in after he got off work and he took daughter and IR downstairs for dinner while hubbie and I sat with CA in the room.

She unfortunately threw up probably half of what she had just eaten which wasn't a good thing.
We brought IR home with us when they got back from dinner. Son-in-love has to get up early to go to work and it was decided IR would be better just staying with us.
We came home and got chores done and then she and hubbie watched cartoons while I iced my cakes and got things ready for market.
IR got a nice warm bath and then watched Peppa Pig for a few minutes before she fell right to sleep.
She is such a sweet good little girl.

Back in July of 1959 I turned 5 years old and had a cake and celebrated with my baby brother.



Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for CA really hard tonight that things will get better soon of her.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: