Tuesday, July 23, 2019

RAINY ERRAND DAY and 1949 PHOTOS

Woke this morning to a gentle rain falling on the roof that sounded so comforting.  After slowly dragging myself from the bed I got chores done in a light rain and came back inside  to a breakfast of oatmeal and fresh blueberries.
This is going to be a catch up errand day for hubbie and I so it's just as well it is a rainy day.
First I made phone calls to both my insurance companies double checking the transition time and they were both correct.
We left to first make a stop at the Post Office and mail some bills and while we were at the mall where the PO is we looked for hubbie some new tennis shoes on sale but didn't find anything.
Next stop was at the medical loan closet to return the crutches I borrowed a couple months ago. I bought a set at the thrift shop last week so we returned these.
Then hubbie wanted to check out another high end thrift shop to look for shoes and we both found something there and at 75% off which was a deal , especially on the pair of brand new rain boots I found. Hubbie found a couple pair of shoes there that he can wear. He is struggling with neuropathy in his toes and balls of his feet . He isn't diabetic but had a bad fall several years ago that damaged his lower back and is probably the cause. He has always wore flipflops but now can't feel if the thong is between his toes or not so he is having to switch shoe styles.
Our next stop was to pick up chicken feed at Fletcher feed and then a stop at Ingles. We stopped by daughter's house to help her get the kids loaded up since she has no power and get them over to our house where the power is still on.
It is a nice cool day in the upper 60's with clouds and rain but with no TV or lights it's hard to entertain a 2 year old .
D-in-love went after lunch for all the kids and daughter. Hubbie and I had left overs for our lunch.
I had a 2:00 haircut appointment so I went to that leaving everyone here.
Markeeta is always so good to work with me on my schedule and she is quick with a haircut.
I was home in less than 30 minutes and g-son was holding CA for the first time. It's hard to get even 2 kids to smile at the same time !!!

After everyone left I started going through photos to get out the July decade series since once again the month has gotten away from me.
Just as I started daughter who had taken IR and CA with her to Kristen's salon for haircuts for her and IR called and ask if I would come pick IR up ,she had her haircut already and wasn't happy waiting for daughter to get hers. So hubbie and I went and brought her here.
I continued my decade photo search and hubbie played with IR outside.
We took turns getting out chores done and then daughter came after her about 7:30.
I got my chores done and then finished the decade search for this month. The earlies things I found were from July 1949. This is my mom, Goldie, and her 4 sisters.

And this is a pic of my oldest cousins.

Thankful for all the blessings of this day and praying hard tonight for CA's doctor appointment in the morning. Praying it be God's will that her heart hole is closing and that her weight be enough to keep her from a feeding tube.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Extra prayers for CA.