Monday, January 25, 2021

KEEPING THE FREEZER STOCKED THANKFULLY

 Monday morning starting another busy week. All 3 grand girls were here today and ready to get moving. I got chores done and we all had breakfast together. After we ate we loaded up and made a trip to Fletcher feed for chicken feed. It is a rainy day day and I am glad I have this SUV with enough cargo space to haul my feed in the dry.  There was already 1/2 Inch in the gauge at chore time this morning and it rained lightly all day. I forgot to check the gauge this evening.  We picked up lunches on the way home from Fletcher and all ate lunch when we got home as CA woke from her nap and refused to go back to sleep when we got home. After lunch I got laundry started and got 3 loads done between playing with the girls and getting them snacks and what ever kept them happy.   After the girls left hubbie and I went out to get chores done. It is really muddy and slick everywhere and I was sliding all around in the chicken lots. Thankfully I didn't fall down but came close several times.  Aa hauled some steers to a processor today and Re and the kids rode along so Re could shop in their fresh meat market for all of us.  They had gotten home while we were getting chores done so we headed over to their house to pick up our chicken and pork and get daughter's and take it to her house.  We came home and used our vacuum sealer to repackage some of our meats for the freezer. We got some of their chicken thighs before and they were very good so we got some of those and some pork chops, bacon and sausage. Thankful to these efforts we are continuing to keep our freezer stocked.   I finished putting away the last load of laundry and then did 3000 strides on my "ski" exerciser tonight before my knee started hurting . Hopefully I can continue to increase the distance and make my legs and knees stronger before warm weather hits this spring.  As I sit here typing this tonight I can hear thunder !!!!   I guess we can expect snow within the next week !!!!

Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.                                                                                              God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

You get rain and we get snow and lots of it. It is snowing like all get out around here. Don't think I will venture out today.