Tuesday, January 5, 2021

SNOW IN FORECAST

 Our final Christmas break morning we got to snooze a little longer. Tomorrow begins the second half  of the school year and even in virtual learning and daughter teaching from home her girls come here and also d-in-love has to work in the office at the elementary school so RL also comes here 3 days a week at least.   I got chores done and then had breakfast. I had to make a trip into market today and get pay roll done for the month of December and make a deposit for market.  Hubbie went with me and after I got all that done we stopped by Sav Mor to pick up a few groceries and stock up on dog food and cat food for the coming snow prediction days.  Also made a stop at Walgreens to pick up a bottle of Vicks vapor rub.  I am using the Vicks on the younger roosters comb to try and deter the pullets he is in the lot with from pecking at his large bright red comb. I take him out of their house each night and put him in a house alone but yesterday they had his comb bloody during the day. I used what I had this morning on his comb and it looked like it might be working so I got another jar so I can refresh it each morning when I take him out of his night time house. I have never had this problem before and have no idea why it is happening because they have a huge lot and lots of dirt and other things to peck.                   We came home and I fixed some shake and bake chicken from one of the roosters we harvested over the weekend for lunch.   Daughter brought the girls over for a little while and CA took a long nap while IR played with puzzles and drew.  IR helped me get the decoration bins all taped up that I had filled .  After they went home hubbie and I loaded the bins up and put them away in the shed and brought the remaining empty bins into the sunroom for me to work on filling in the cold snowy days coming up.  It depends on which weather person you choose to believe as to how much snow we will get but they all have snow in our forecast for this coming Friday and next Monday.      

This weather man says 3-6 inches for our area on Friday , some are calling for more , some a little less but al say snow. 


As I walked by this huge Holly tree this afternoon I marveled at all the berries it has produced this season even looking pretty unhealthy. I think all the rains we have had washed the nutrients it needs away from it's roots. I bought some hollytone to put around it next time it rains to try and help it regain its health. 


The clouds were pushing the sun below the horizon this evening on a windy chilly evening. 


We got chores done and then came inside to get more un decorating done and I got the living room re-decorated for January.   I watched a UNC / Miami basketball game while I worked and UNC won by 2 points on a last second shot.  
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and praying for all the teachers and kids as they get ready to embark on the virtual classroom once again. 
God Bless and Good Night 


                                                                                

No comments: