Tuesday, January 19, 2021

WINTER GARDEN STILL PRODUCING

 A "Monday" morning on a Tuesday with the arrival of IR and CA only this morning. I got chores done and then we all had breakfast together.  IR and CA played together this morning while I got all the jars put away that I emptied yesterday and put through the dish washer last night and I put away some laundry and did some ironing before it was time to load up in the Honda and make an egg delivery and pick up lunch.   Back home hubbie, IR and I had lunch while CA slept a good nap. IR loved the hamburger lunch we picked up today. I had some of the left over chicken and rice from Sunday and the last sweet potato that I had baked last Friday. It is nice to have left overs so not much thought has to go into fixing lunch for hubbie and I.  The girls had a good afternoon after CA woke up and had her lunch. They played together very well and it was a calm time for me to do a little more work on the market end of the year figures.  Now all I need to do is write them all out so daughter can type them up .             After daughter picked the girls up hubbie and I headed out to get chores done. As I closed up the row covers tonight I brought in this large head of broccoli to make salad from tomorrow. It is so nice to have fresh produce from our garden still at the end of January !!

I had put a couple acorn squash in the oven for tonight's supper before we went out for chores and they made a delicious light supper.   I decided to get the final copy of the market end of the year financial report done tonight and then walked on the treadmill that we fixed yesterday before I went to bed.           Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

With all the snow on the ground around here, I have a hard time comprehending all you "winter" fresh veggies. WOW!